Tassie trip

Tasmania Fishing Reports
malleestump

Tassie trip

Post by malleestump » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 pm

hi all. doing a trip around Tassie at the moment.went from devonport to Strahan the first day. had a fish in Macquarie harbour for 1 hr without getting a touch .locals say that fishing is dead quiet at the moment.water is very brown , but this natural colour here due to button weed which has a tannin and it turns the water to this brown colour.next stop for a fish was Derwent bridge at lake Clare.this is the start of the Derwent river.tried some lures and some power bait.only seen one trout rise while we were fishing.today arrived at Coles bay and down at the pier I could see schools of salmon coming up to the rocks.got all exited grab the rods and baited with a piece of bread I had.place a bubble float above and cast amongst them.next changed to some plastics that we had,but they refused to take them as we'll.nosed themselves passed them to get to the rocks.anyhow that's fishing we were not very organised with fresh bait and not bait shops to be seen.at St. Helens tonight,I don' t now wether I will get a chance to fish in the morning before we move on. :dinner: :cheers:
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

drew 2

Re: Tassie trip

Post by drew 2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Great report,sounds like a fun trip Mallee even if the fish wont play along.Keep trying mate i'm sure you will catch one soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . How are the wineries over there,reds or whites the island speciality :D :D

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm very envious Mallee.

Tassie is awesome, if you have time head down south of Hobart to Dover, a great little spot, plenty of Flatties, whiting, squid and more off the jetty. You can also catch Atlantic Salmon that have escaped from the pens on the far side of the bay. I might add is one of the most relaxing places to fish I've ever been to. If you're lucky you might score some cheap lobsters from one of the boats that comes in with their catch.

How's the serenity!

Cam.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 pm

good day guys.went straight to launceston today. girls said this not a fishing trip!! while down at the Tamar river waiting to go on a cruise; there was 2 guys of my era fishing on the pier. "what are you targeting fellas.?"

"Have a look in the drum one says. I noticed they had already caught 2eel and in the next 25 mins they had 3 more. We smoke them said and I noticed they both spoke with an accent so guess they probably did this often in the previous country.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo jelous ! , catch a nice trout for me while you're there will ya ! .
Looking foward to a trip there soon myself , I love trout fishing !.
Have fun mate and catch some nice ones , beuit' place ! , love it.!
Cheers , Rick
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 pm

on the Spirit of Tassie coming home. hooked up with a Telstra Elite Dongle and it has work well for us while we have been travelling.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Safe sailing to you mallee,i hear the seas are only 5m so should be a smooth trip home :icon_lolz:

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

drew 2 wrote:Safe sailing to you mallee,i hear the seas are only 5m so should be a smooth trip home :icon_lolz:

nah Drew flat as a tack mate.We had a great trip travelling 1800 k's right around.We started to get sick of the mountains after travelling the west coast to Hobart the first week.had some great tours. Gordon river cruise was excellent,Huon river jet boats was terrific also, Port Arthur was better than when the teaches tried to teach me at school many long years ago.Tamar river cruise and cataract gorge cable chair lift was worth the time.Beaconsville mine museum was better than expected by all of us.finished the trip by going to Beauty Point and visit the Platypus and echidna research station. Will see if I have taken photo's of some of the things we did along the way which are interesting enough to post up.

Return to “Tasmania”