The creek out does the river.. (video)

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

The creek out does the river.. (video)

Post by meppstas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Spent a few hours chasing trout again today without a lot of success once again. I can't work out why the trout have almost vanished from what is my favorite trout water. The stretch of river I fished today gave up nothing apart from a follow from a small brown and three very light hit & misses from other trout. It's a stretch of river that usually fishes very well and a catch of five to 15 trout here for me is normal.. Not any more though & I'd love to know why.. It may come good in a few weeks, only time will tell.. So on the way home I hopped into a small creek that was running very low, but I did spot a trout dart off and that was good enough for me to have a spin session in it.. The video clip will show you what happened in both waters any way,,The weather conditions were good with it being very overcast and cool, only problem was the ENE breeze, something I never like to fish in as it's never been a good wind for fishing.. Sorry but the video runs for just on 12 minutes..

cheers
Adrian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtCf8q- ... ture=share
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: The creek out does the river.. (video)

Post by Texas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Great stuff Adrian,
Dare I say it, the videos are better than the stills, although I miss your written reports
The trout know your coming, try somewhere new
Cheers Gra

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 pm

I actually haven't got around to writing it up yet Gra, will be doing that tomorrow so keep a lookout for it.. with photos too.. :thumbsup:
I still write up a report after each trip I go on for my records etc.. Just thought the video clips gives you a better idea of what I go through in a river..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you for sharing that... Lovely water, and easy to see why you keep returning, quite a special piece of country. Seeing the platypus reminded me of the creek at home (Sunshine Coast QLD) from when I was a boy, and how I was very fond of seeing him there cause to me it had always meant the creek was healthy.
cheers!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:Thank you for sharing that... Lovely water, and easy to see why you keep returning, quite a special piece of country. Seeing the platypus reminded me of the creek at home (Sunshine Coast QLD) from when I was a boy, and how I was very fond of seeing him there cause to me it had always meant the creek was healthy.
cheers!
Then some idiot puts a fish trap in the Werribee River and kills 8 of them :(

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Enjoying these videos lately Adrian!
Keep it up.
Cheers :thumbsup:

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks guys, always love seeing platypus in the rivers and streams.. It's even better when they swim around your legs while feeding too.. As long as one stands dead still they rarely spot you and will continue to search for a feed on the river/creek bottom.. they're just one of the highlights of trot fishing the rivers, streams & creeks down here..

cheers
Adrian

Return to “Tasmania”