My best wild brown trout of the season..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: My best wild brown trout of the season..

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am

meppstas wrote:
Paulanderson wrote:Congratulations on a great stream Brown Trout on light line Adrian - you must have been really chuffed!
Thanks Paul, it was heart in mouth there for a while as it is when fishing so light, good result in the end.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian

Beautiful Fish Adrian. :a_goodjob:

Out of curiosity, what is the biggest trout that you have landed in a stream there?
:)

be interesting to know. Its probably the biggest one out there currently. :water: :notworthy:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 pm

The biggest I've landed went 2.95 kgs and was caught in the Meander River in a fast water stretch..
it was caught on a small Mepps#00 (1.5 gm) blade spinner back on the 7th Feb. 2014, I have caught several others in the 1.5 kg range and another decent 2.65 kg brown during the 2016-17 trout season..
2.9kg PB brown, Meander River (Medium).JPG
2.95 kg brown..
PB brown 2.95kg, Meander River-1 (Medium).jpg
2.95 kg brown ready for release..
PB 2.95kg brown, Meander River.-1 (Medium).jpg
The little Mepps black fury did well to keep this 2.95 kg brown on..
solid 2.65kg brown (Medium).JPG
2.65 kg brown caught & released in Western Creek..15th August 2016
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 pm

meppstas wrote:The biggest I've landed went 2.95 kgs and was caught in the Meander River in a fast water stretch..
it was caught on a small Mepps#00 (1.5 gm) blade spinner back on the 7th Feb. 2014, I have caught several others in the 1.5 kg range and another decent 2.65 kg brown during the 2016-17 trout season..
PB brown 2.95kg, Meander River-1 (Medium).jpg
PB 2.95kg brown, Meander River.-1 (Medium).jpg
solid 2.65kg brown (Medium).JPG
cheers
Adrian

Amazing! The documentation of every capture is meticulous :) Love your work. I also like how you weigh the fish and use that as a basis of measurement. Using length for freshwater fish species is in my opinion not the best way to gauge a trophy fish, some are rounder, some are longer.
:super:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I have two landing nets that I use in the rivers, the day I caught the 2.95 kg Meander River brown I had my deeper & larger net with me luckily, that net weighs 410 grams.. I weight the fish while it's laying in the net with my digital scales then deduct the weight of the net from the total weight..
The 2.65 kg brown was landed with my small net that day as I wasn't expecting to catch a fish that size in this small creek, that net weighs 300 grams, the fish is weighed the same way with the net weight deducted from the total weight.. I did have a bit of trouble getting this Western Creek brown in the net too as it was hanging out of it.. But it did the right thing and stayed calm for me.. :-D I keep records of each and every trip I go on and have done since moving to Tassie back in March 2000, always good to look back on from time to time.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
solid 2.65kg brown, head shot. (Medium).JPG
Head shot of the Western Creek brown..
2.65 kg brown after being released, Western Creek. (15-8-16) (Medium).JPG
Western creek brown back in the water..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Looks great Adrian, esp that head shot - fantastic colours! you are blessed with some great country to walk and fish. Good to see there are some rewards back to you for the miles walked.
quid est quod eum

Return to “Tasmania”