26 Trout & found the needle in a hay stack..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: 26 Trout & found the needle in a hay stack..

Post by meppstas » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Nightwish wrote:Well done on finding your needle,who would have thought that would happen after a week and some nice trout.
The last brown trout pic has some really bright red spots on it,is normally the case?
:cheers:
The majority of the trout here usually have the red spots on them, they do vary from bright red to a much lighter red, some don't seem to have any at all. In the bigger rivers they don't seem to stand out as much as they do in the smaller tannin coloured rivers.. as the one in the attached photo from a small river close to home.

cheers
Adrian
Black fury catches another nice wild brown trout. Dasher River.(3-2-16) (Medium).JPG
Last edited by meppstas on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 am

purple5ive wrote:Wow that's a mighty fine effort mate.
Bonus finding that lost lure.
The atomic is one of my favorite lures. Caught my first bream in that exact type but in ayu colour. Then the next day tired this exact same one and caught heaps more.
We've are you getting them for $7.50 that's a very good price for an already cheap lure
Online at BCF it's for members, that was for the Shad4 mid diver Ghost Brown, the others are around $13.10 ea with the %25 off, I think the sale ends tonight or tomorrow online & instore. I just saw the %25 off all lures for members when I received an email.

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 am

meppstas wrote:
Nightwish wrote:Well done on finding your needle,who would have thought that would happen after a week and some nice trout.
The last brown trout pic has some really bright red spots on it,is normally the case?
The majority of the trout here usually have the red spots on them, they do vary from bright red to a much lighter red, some don't seem to have any at all. In the bigger rivers they don't seem to stand out as much as they do in the smaller tannin coloured rivers.. as the one in the attached photo from a small river close to home.

cheers
Adrian
Black fury catches another nice wild brown trout. Dasher River.(3-2-16) (Medium).JPG
Thanks Adrian

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:42 am

What a great read; we'll done on both accounts.

Return to “Tasmania”