21 trout in two spin sessions..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

21 trout in two spin sessions..

Post by meppstas » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Have finally had a couple of good spin sessions catching & releasing 21 browns in two spin sessions in very cold water.. The first session yielded 11 trout all taken on a mepps Aglia Fluo rainbow spinner. Today's session just the first trout was taken on a Aglia fluo tiger spinner, though II did have several hits & misses on another Aglia flou spinner as well, It wasn't until I tried two small mid divers sent to me by Nathan of www.pointerlureproject.com/home-1 that I was asked to try on the trout one day. Well they worked fine, the small olive coloured lure caught four browns & the red lure caught 5 lovely browns with the best one going 515 grams.. I still need 75 trout to reach my 10,000th wild Tasmanian trout since moving here in March 2000. you can check out the videos (parts 1 & 2) on my YouTube channel.. at the bottom of the photos..

cheers
Adrian
IMG_0575 (Medium).JPG
Solid brown trout..
IMG_0582 (Medium).JPG
Close up of another brown taken on the Olive coloured hard body..
IMG_0598 (Medium).JPG
Certainly had fun getting over this log jam..
IMG_0589 (Medium).JPG
Nice stretch of tannin water.
IMG_0611 (Medium).JPG
The red hard body sucked this brown right in..
IMG_0632 (Medium).JPG
The fish of the day & the last one caught, 515 grams..taken on the red lure.
IMG_0614 (Medium).JPG
This trout is ready for release..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: 21 trout in two spin sessions..

Post by smile0784 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 am

Well done.mate
Another great report

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am

A couple of top sessions Adrian!
Always love your pics mate :)
Not far now till the 10,000th!!!
Cheers :thumbsup:

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks guys, it's only a short report as I'm just about to write the full report.. it was a great morning to be in a small stream too..
Funny thing is when I checked my diary to see where I fished the same time last season it was in the same tannin waters but 5 kms away.
Even what's more amazing is that I also caught & released 10 browns that day too.. slowly drawing towards the 10.000th trout, the ABC here in Tassie has picked up on a article I've written on my journey towards the 10,000th trout and are going to follow up on it when I get close to it & film it with me in the river catching it, well hopefully catching it on the day.. will be an interesting time when it happens...
here's the article for anyone who may like to read it..

http://tackletactics.com.au/Tips-Techni ... ut-Journey

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:38 am

meppstas wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 pm
Have finally had a couple of good spin sessions catching & releasing 21 browns in two spin sessions in very cold water.. The first session yielded 11 trout all taken on a mepps Aglia Fluo rainbow spinner. Today's session just the first trout was taken on a Aglia fluo tiger spinner, though II did have several hits & misses on another Aglia flou spinner as well, It wasn't until I tried two small mid divers sent to me by Nathan of www.pointerlureproject.com/home-1 that I was asked to try on the trout one day. Well they worked fine, the small olive coloured lure caught four browns & the red lure caught 5 lovely browns with the best one going 515 grams.. I still need 75 trout to reach my 10,000th wild Tasmanian trout since moving here in March 2000. you can check out the videos (parts 1 & 2) on my YouTube channel.. at the bottom of the photos..

cheers
Adrian
Wow Adrian, a Double Banger of trips and netting 21 trout, woohoo. That log jam, has given me an even higher new found appreciation of what you do to get to the rivers and streams that you fish.

And on the PointerLureProject, the two (duplicate sets) that I ordered had arrived and coincidentally on the day Don came past as well, he didn't know that I got him a set of two lures as well. We both are impressed with them and think the clear/white one should do well on the snook. Good looking hardware trebles on them too :thumbsup:

PointerLureProject.PNG
Don Lure 1.PNG
meppstas wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am

Slowly drawing towards the 10.000th trout, the ABC here in Tassie has picked up on a article I've written on my journey towards the 10,000th trout and are going to follow up on it when I get close to it & film it with me in the river catching it, well hopefully catching it on the day.. will be an interesting time when it happens...

cheers
Adrian

You Legend Adrian :notworthy: , that is an amazing accolade to have the ABC film you and your 10,000 trout and do a story on it, well done.

We are all proud of you, you Trout Stalker you :thumbsup:

Cheers, Bill

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks Bill, yes I'm sure those lures will bag a fish or two as well..

Don looks pretty happy with the surprise package of lures too..

cheers
Adrian

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 am

meppstas wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am
Thanks guys, it's only a short report as I'm just about to write the full report.. it was a great morning to be in a small stream too..
Funny thing is when I checked my diary to see where I fished the same time last season it was in the same tannin waters but 5 kms away.
Even what's more amazing is that I also caught & released 10 browns that day too.. slowly drawing towards the 10.000th trout, the ABC here in Tassie has picked up on a article I've written on my journey towards the 10,000th trout and are going to follow up on it when I get close to it & film it with me in the river catching it, well hopefully catching it on the day.. will be an interesting time when it happens...

cheers
Adrian
Great read and pictures Adrian, well done. I read a fair few of the tackle tactics articles and yours is up there with the most informative.

I noticed you use the "LifeStraw", I have one but haven't used it yet. What are your thoughts on it? How do you go looking after and cleaning it?

Looks like that 10k fish is closing in fast!

Cheers, Anth

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:57 am

I use the life straw on a regular basis Anth, hardest part is getting it going.. sucking the water up through it puffs me out, but once the waters there it's quite good. When finished with it all you have to do is blow the water out and put the top & bottom caps back on it.. What I have worked out now that makes it easier is to face the bottom of it upstream in a fast water run with both caps off, the force of the fast water helps to fill it and much easier than sucking like hell.. I recommend it for anyone who fishes rivers for sure, the reason I got one was because I used to always drink the water straight from a river, then I got a severe bacterial infection in my stomach & gut caused by runoff from a paddock full of cattle after heavy rainfalls.. Didn't even think about runoff at the time, thought I was drinking pure water.. learned my lesson the hard way..

cheers
Adrian

Return to “Tasmania”