My first "DONUT" in two trout seasons.

Tasmania Fishing Reports
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: My first "DONUT" in two trout seasons.

Post by Boonanza » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Interesting read. So Adrian do you know what fish were actually native in the rivers in Tasmania before Trout were introduced?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: My first "DONUT" in two trout seasons.

Post by meppstas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks Jim, that's sounds a good idea what they do in the Canada & the USA too.. I agree totally with not stocking rivers that will have an effect on native species too.. trouble is here in Tassie we don't have cod, yella belly, catfish or Aust/silver perch in the rivers.. the only large native species we have is blackfish, the rest are small galaxies and in some areas mountain trout which are all small fish.. They have dropped the bag limit from 12 trout in all rivers around Tasmania to 5 fish per person.. So they do know there is a problem with the fish stocks in the rivers here that's for sure, thing is they left the size limit at a small 220 mms which to me is wrong. Any way I'm sure it will get sorted when we stop paying for a trout license and go salt water fishing where a license isn't required.. :-D :-D

Take care of yourself ol' mate & hope your knees are better than what they were.. :thumbsup:
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”