A week in NSW

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: A week in NSW

Post by Truedogz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 am

Great report Dougie, up there with the stuff that Broomstick, Mepstas and Mazman post :cheers: . These types of reports on this site are not just great reads, with stunning photos, but deliver great information the teaches the rest of us. Better than magazines and many web pages as they are not full of bullsh*t.

When I read some of these threads I know there are anglers posting on Fishing Victoria that are outstanding and up there with the best going around.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 am

purple5ive wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Scraglor wrote: - I'll buy you a latte if you like
To go with my Bream?
Make sure its a pumpkin decaf deconstructed latte 2 sugars and soy milk please.

On a another note.
Is the big b the same as the tubes. Looks very similar.
I went up too the tubes for a look when i was at jb about 4 years ago. Honey moon bay and the rest of the stopovers. Lovely place indeed.
On the other side of the penninsula to the tubes. The tubes is probably the best land based fishing platform in the world and as such, always has 20 guys on it. I'm not interested in standing on a 3m wide ledge with that many people. I checked it out but seriously, I'd rather catch less fish and be alone.

Unfortunately after a couple of things a few years back Big B and the tubes are 2 our of 3 productive platforms left to fish. There used to be dozens of them but they've all been locked up. This means in peak season you're fighting for space, I was actually quite suprised there was nobody else there for the majority of the trip.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:41 am

Truedogz wrote:When I read some of these threads I know there are anglers posting on Fishing Victoria that are outstanding and up there with the best going around.

I don't think i'm particularly good at this I just have time and patience. There are definitely guys who make me look like an amateur. I used to write a lot more reports but got sick of some of the heat I was getting from a couple of people on here. Seems to have died down so I'll start contributing again.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 am

DougieK wrote:
Truedogz wrote:When I read some of these threads I know there are anglers posting on Fishing Victoria that are outstanding and up there with the best going around.

I don't think i'm particularly good at this I just have time and patience. There are definitely guys who make me look like an amateur. I used to write a lot more reports but got sick of some of the heat I was getting from a couple of people on here. Seems to have died down so I'll start contributing again.
hahaha post a thread about bream and see what happens, its even better if you took home some to eat :rofl: :rofl:
There are some very very experienced anglers on here who would rather not post anything about their catches these days for the amount of problems it creates, and for good reason. its not worth the hassle

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:48 am

DougieK wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Scraglor wrote: - I'll buy you a latte if you like
To go with my Bream?
Make sure its a pumpkin decaf deconstructed latte 2 sugars and soy milk please.

On a another note.
Is the big b the same as the tubes. Looks very similar.
I went up too the tubes for a look when i was at jb about 4 years ago. Honey moon bay and the rest of the stopovers. Lovely place indeed.
On the other side of the penninsula to the tubes. The tubes is probably the best land based fishing platform in the world and as such, always has 20 guys on it. I'm not interested in standing on a 3m wide ledge with that many people. I checked it out but seriously, I'd rather catch less fish and be alone.

Unfortunately after a couple of things a few years back Big B and the tubes are 2 our of 3 productive platforms left to fish. There used to be dozens of them but they've all been locked up. This means in peak season you're fighting for space, I was actually quite suprised there was nobody else there for the majority of the trip.
ahh ok, i didnt visit that side and yes was very busy indeed people were camping there including some very predominant victorian LBG anglers. i didnt know it at the time but eventually worked out it was someone i have heard from through this forum. the custom plates on the car at the carpark gave it all away hahaha

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am

purple5ive wrote:
ahh ok, i didnt visit that side and yes was very busy indeed people were camping
You're not allowed to camp down there anymore. They throw everyone out at 830pm and reopen the gates at 2am so you have to carry all the gear in and out every day. There are a couple of really hard to get to spots on the front ledges you can still camp at but I find it easier to camp in a nice flat grassy camp ground, have a shower and sleep in a decent swag for a week, stashing the gear somewhere near the ledge so i'm not lugging 30kg of stuff in and out every day.

The whole peninsula is a mess of different people with different interests, commercial guys, land based guys, environmental groups, the Navy, dive boats etc and there is a constant sh!tfight for who gets access to what. There is a very very good case for the tubes or even the whole peninsula to be listed as a world heritage site, and even more so to recognise it as a significant place in Australian history, being the birthplace of LBG angling. It seems that nobody involved in it really knows how to play the political games they need to in order to make that happen and re open all of the front ledges. There was an organisation called the ALBAA for a while but their website seems to have disappeared.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 am

ahh so that means even more baby strollers there then, or have they found a better alternative to that?
i was wondering as i got closer to the ledges why there were so many baby strollers just parked in the bush. eventually worked out why it was there hahaha.

as i was walkign down those tracks i was thinking to myself, How many big marlin, tuna and kings were dragged down this path years ago, its a tough slog getting the fish back up the ledge and then walking it back to the car.

lets hope the fishing will still be allowed there in the future, its a beautiful place!

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 am

purple5ive wrote: as i was walkign down those tracks i was thinking to myself, How many big marlin, tuna and kings were dragged down this path years ago, its a tough slog getting the fish back up the ledge and then walking it back to the car.
Compared to some of the front ledges the tubes is a luxury in terms of access.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm

MINT! Amazing stuff DK, bloody loved it. I reckon I might have to drive a bit further next time I head to the east coast and give these ledges a crack.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:23 pm

These land based reports keep getting better and better...I agree with Truedogz, these reports are more informative than any TV or Magazine.
Thanks for the post!

Return to “New South Wales”