Eucumbene river 7th-12th June '17

New South Wales Fishing Reports
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Eucumbene river 7th-12th June '17

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:49 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
tropicalfisher wrote:Awesome fish. Are trout in that river all wild?
Cheers mate. I'm pretty sure they are but I'm not 100%

Anth
the browns are all wild

the rainbows I'm not sure about....I heard they stocked it a few years ago..but that was from a local....not a fact from fisheries

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 am

Lake Eucumbene is receiving a guaranteed 150,000 Rainbows a year at present but all the Browns are wild. As to Brook Trout Lake Jindabyne receives 50,000 fingerlings a year and some reasonable fish are caught from time to time but as far as I know Lake Tantangara has never been stocked with them so if they are in the creek mentioned perhaps they were stocked by accident with Rainbows? Who knows!

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 am

Paulanderson wrote:Lake Eucumbene is receiving a guaranteed 150,000 Rainbows a year at present but all the Browns are wild. As to Brook Trout Lake Jindabyne receives 50,000 fingerlings a year and some reasonable fish are caught from time to time but as far as I know Lake Tantangara has never been stocked with them so if they are in the creek mentioned perhaps they were stocked by accident with Rainbows? Who knows!
great Imfo there....thank you for that.

Going back 10 yrs ago it was very easy to catch 30 or 40 rainbows over a week end but then they died out....nobody coukd explain why.....hence the stocking program.

for the record ive caught brook trout in lots off streams in the snowies...

cheers bm

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:45 pm

barra mick wrote:
Paulanderson wrote:Lake Eucumbene is receiving a guaranteed 150,000 Rainbows a year at present but all the Browns are wild. As to Brook Trout Lake Jindabyne receives 50,000 fingerlings a year and some reasonable fish are caught from time to time but as far as I know Lake Tantangara has never been stocked with them so if they are in the creek mentioned perhaps they were stocked by accident with Rainbows? Who knows!

Going back 10 yrs ago it was very easy to catch 30 or 40 rainbows over a week end but then they died out....nobody coukd explain why.....hence the stocking program.

cheers bm
Cheers for the info Paulanderson.

Which streams have you seen the most brook trout in BM?

Anth

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
barra mick wrote:

cheers bm
Cheers for the info Paulanderson.

Which streams have you seen the most brook trout in BM?

Anth
ive pm you the streams

Bm

tropicalfisher

Post by tropicalfisher » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm

barra mick wrote:

cheers bm
Any good size to them, or all pretty small?

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:35 pm

tropicalfisher wrote:
barra mick wrote:

cheers bm
Any good size to them, or all pretty small?
no there skinny river fish.

35 cm to 40 cm would be the biggest by memory

Bm

Return to “New South Wales”