Eden report easter weekend 2017

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Wolly Bugger
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3986
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 am

Sinsemilla wrote:I use a Shimano Talica 8 with 45lb daiwa boat braid, 80lb black magic leader to a gama 8/0 live bait hook on a Nitro Gulfstream rod.

My brother was using his Daiwa Saltist AHI rod and Avet MXJ 5.8 reel, 55lb Daiwa boat braid same everything else.

We use the spin rods for jigging. Daiwa saltist rods and Saltist 4500 reels with 45lb braid, 80lb leader.

Overheads are a lot better for live baiting and actually fighting the fish.


Ain;t those Gulfstreams a nice rod? Use mine for tuna,



Remove these ads.

User avatar
ratbag
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby ratbag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up Ant, we got some love bait early this
Morning and headed out. Caught my first kingy on a live yakka, 105cm & 24lb. Will gets pics up when I get a better internet connection. Headed out again tmrw.
quid est quod eum

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm

ratbag wrote:Thanks for the heads up Ant, we got some love bait early this
Morning and headed out. Caught my first kingy on a live yakka, 105cm & 24lb. Will gets pics up when I get a better internet connection. Headed out again tmrw.


Well done mate! How hard do they go! Are you getting them around Mowarry? I hope you get onto a few more. Good luck.

Also mate if you feel like mixing it up we got bonito around green cape just trolling smaller deep divers around the rock ledges there.

Cheers, Anth

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:I use a Shimano Talica 8 with 45lb daiwa boat braid, 80lb black magic leader to a gama 8/0 live bait hook on a Nitro Gulfstream rod.

My brother was using his Daiwa Saltist AHI rod and Avet MXJ 5.8 reel, 55lb Daiwa boat braid same everything else.

We use the spin rods for jigging. Daiwa saltist rods and Saltist 4500 reels with 45lb braid, 80lb leader.

Overheads are a lot better for live baiting and actually fighting the fish.


Ain;t those Gulfstreams a nice rod? Use mine for tuna,


Cracker rod. So light and comfy to use and has heaps of power. what reel do you have on yours?

Cheers, Anth

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Nude up wrote:great read would have been a ripper trip


Cheers mate. Definitely one of the best trips I've had. Perfect weather.. None stop action.. You cant ask for much more!

Wolly Bugger
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3986
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Wolly Bugger » Mon May 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:I use a Shimano Talica 8 with 45lb daiwa boat braid, 80lb black magic leader to a gama 8/0 live bait hook on a Nitro Gulfstream rod.

My brother was using his Daiwa Saltist AHI rod and Avet MXJ 5.8 reel, 55lb Daiwa boat braid same everything else.

We use the spin rods for jigging. Daiwa saltist rods and Saltist 4500 reels with 45lb braid, 80lb leader.

Overheads are a lot better for live baiting and actually fighting the fish.


Ain;t those Gulfstreams a nice rod? Use mine for tuna,


Cracker rod. So light and comfy to use and has heaps of power. what reel do you have on yours?

Cheers, Anth


I have the Shimano 30w on them. and after using the talica, when the budget allows I going to buy the larger talica's



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Sinsemilla » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Just added a video i've just uploaded to youtube of this trip. Just a short clip of a hook up and landing of a nice Kingie.

Cheers, Anth

https://youtu.be/I2cSMdWHQK0

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8709
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Lightningx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

That’s a nice kingie Anth.
Well done mate. Thanks for sharing the vid :thumbsup:

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby Sinsemilla » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Lightningx wrote:That’s a nice kingie Anth.
Well done mate. Thanks for sharing the vid :thumbsup:


Cheers mate. Thanks for the kind words!

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Postby smile0784 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

So is the talica better then the tyrnos series?



Remove these ads.


Return to “New South Wales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest