Eden report easter weekend 2017

New South Wales Fishing Reports
johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Eden report easter weekend 2017

Post by johnnycjay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm

That's outstanding! I'm heading to Port Stephen Saturday so looking forward to posting some similar pics!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm

johnnycjay wrote:That's outstanding! I'm heading to Port Stephen Saturday so looking forward to posting some similar pics!
Good luck mate! I spoke to a few people at Eden that went to Bermi for marlin and went 9-9-9! not sure about kings though. The marlin bite would be similar up at Port Stephens. Looking forward to your report!

Cheers, Anth

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks Anth, great pics & well done. I'm heading there tomorrow for 5 days, hopefully you've left a few & they're still on the chew. Hope to post some pics just like yours next week!
There is some great reports from Merimbula tackleworld on the Bermi successes, seems to be going off at the moment.
quid est quod eum

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 pm

ratbag wrote:Thanks Anth, great pics & well done. I'm heading there tomorrow for 5 days, hopefully you've left a few & they're still on the chew. Hope to post some pics just like yours next week!
There is some great reports from Merimbula tackleworld on the Bermi successes, seems to be going off at the moment.

Thanks mate, It was my pleasure!

Just a word of advice.. put the time in and get the slimies in the morning. Don't go out there without them. A lot of people did it tough and didnt land a fish all day because they didn't have slimies.

We got the slimies a couple hundred meters off the navel wharf. just look for the birds hanging around on the water or there was a pack of penguins that were there the whole weekend chasing the slimies.

Cheers, Anth

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:.......Just a word of advice.. put the time in and get the slimies in the morning. Don't go out there without them. A lot of people did it tough and didnt land a fish all day because they didn't have slimies.

We got the slimies a couple hundred meters off the navel wharf. just look for the birds hanging around on the water or there was a pack of penguins that were there the whole weekend chasing the slimies.

Cheers, Anth
:a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: thanks Anth! we had planned for live bait fishing and will give the jigs a try too.
quid est quod eum

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Awesome report anth.
Its great fishing Eden, specially green cape, Morwary point and straight out for the marlin to the shelf !
We would stay in the camping grounds in one of the beach front cabins in Twofold bay. Bait catching was dead easy in the actual bay, there's a structure there where there's basically 24/7 slimies etc, nice and sheltered before you head out of the bay and morwary point was
a 15 minute cruise. We actually saw marlin jumping while jigging Morwary point, about a kilometre straight out !
A soft spot for that area...
Congrates on your time fishing !!!!
C

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Awesome report anth.
Its great fishing Eden, specially green cape, Morwary point and straight out for the marlin to the shelf !
We would stay in the camping grounds in one of the beach front cabins in Twofold bay. Bait catching was dead easy in the actual bay, there's a structure there where there's basically 24/7 slimies etc, nice and sheltered before you head out of the bay and morwary point was
a 15 minute cruise. We actually saw marlin jumping while jigging Morwary point, about a kilometre straight out !
A soft spot for that area...
Congrates on your time fishing !!!!
C
Thanks mate you're spot on! I stay at the Eden beach front holiday park. Its one of the first ones you pass as you're arriving in Eden. Great place with friendly people and heaps of room for boats.

I also have a soft spot for Eden. I'd love to get a holiday house there one day

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Yeah, sounds like the same one, on Twofold bay, from the beach front, you look straight out to the ramp, from the camp ground, you drive out and round the corner to the ramp there. We book out a beach front cabin, Jason and his wife do a brilliant job.
Anth, if you manage to get that holiday house up there before I do, well, You've found a new best friend !!!!

cheers
colin

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

That's the one! Best spot I reckon.

If I do Colin, I bet ill have a heap of new best friends!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 pm

great read would have been a ripper trip

Return to “New South Wales”