NSW coast - Bermagui or Jervis Bay?

New South Wales Fishing Reports
kabo

NSW coast - Bermagui or Jervis Bay?

Post by kabo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:38 am

Hi all,

i've been given the all clear to find a fishing friendly spot along the NSW coast for the summer holiday (yes, I know we're a bit late with he planning ;) ). So, I was thinking Jervis Bay or Bermagui, basically anything within a 4 hour drive from Canberra. What do you guys think? Any other spots that you would recommend? I don't do game fishing, mostly fishing from the beaches and piers, any locations that are family friendly and promising gratefully accepted :)

Also, I wouldn't mind doing a fishing tour, has anyone got good recommendations? I've tried Winda Whoppa :-D in Moruya and they were quite good, I tried one in Bateman's Bay that I'd rather forget. But no idea about Bermagui or Jervis Bay. I've found these two, if anyone has good (or bad) experiences with these or other tour operators, please let me know!

Bay & Basin Sports Fishing http://www.bbsf.com.au (Jervis Bay)
DJ's Stream Fish'n Charters http://www.djs-xstreamfishingcharters.c ... rters.html (Bermagui)

Now to get ready to :water:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: NSW coast - Bermagui or Jervis Bay?

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 am

bay and basin are excelent from reviews ive seen, i couldnt get a date when i was down there otherwise i would have def booked it.
i have been to jarvis bay, and its a stunning location. plenty of beaches and also rocks to fish from.
st georges basin is also a good place to go fishing.

if you have 4 hours from canberra then also look at mallacoota

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Without a doubt Jervis bay!! Brilliant place to go, many options land based or boat. Was there 2 years ago, looking forward to going back again soon, so much to see and do .
Great for a family too.
Good luck!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Bermagui for sure. Plenty of beach fishing, of the rocks, from peirs or jetty, a few charters wprk from there also

kabo

Post by kabo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:51 pm

thanks guys! Looks like Jervis bay is a winner with 2 votes to 1 ;) thanks for your input, I'll report back what happened (and where) by February!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Goodluck

Return to “New South Wales”