bermie the 11th 2.0.0.frustration

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

bermie the 11th 2.0.0.frustration

Post by Nude up » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 pm

A very frustrating day got up early launched at 0615 headed out to the top of the 12mile wind was about 8knots northerly. Found some bait tons of cowanyoung but slimeys hard to find but we managed a few, we started to troll live baits birds working everywhere we thought we were in for a good day it wasn't long till we saw our first marlin it was tailing feeding on the surface but it ignored our baits.
20 mins lster the l/h rigger pops it starts peeling line we slowly lift the drag lever the rod loads up we are on for about 5 mins the it all goes slack, we reset and move on we continue to work the areawhen we see a marlin comes up behind the r/h bait it gives it a whack comes back around and has a look but leaves it alone I had borrowed some slimey tubes from my mates uncle so we had some pitch baits ready so we chucked one out the marlin was all over it a tcurve rod and a saragossa 25000 the fish was on for 13 minutes then ping the 80lb power pro snapped we were devastated upon looking at the line on the reel the braid had been spooled badly and had locked on itself, we still can't find the end.
On a positive the saragossa tcurve combination was great the marlin a stripey of about 80kg was being handled easiley.
The frustration for the rest of the day we must have seen 20 marlin tailing they were feeding on tiny leatherjackets we tried livies, skip baits lures nothing worked for us. Our mates in a 6m seafarer managed a 133 kg stripey they weighed it at bermie bait and tackle . Another positive scott henning passed me while were out at the 12 mile hope to catch up sometime this weekend

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: bermie the 11th 2.0.0.frustration

Post by scott__henning » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Much the same for me today nude up, but I was lucky to get one early, they seems to really get active around the high tide change but were completely uninterested for the remainder of the day.

Saying that, some people managed to tempt those tailing Marlin, saw quite a few hooked up. Don't know what they were doing differently

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:57 pm

At least you keep tuna off the lights
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Dam mate good effort hooking up! Better luck next time!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:12 pm

We all have those bad days mate. Hope you have better luck next time :)

adamk

Post by adamk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:17 pm

i should take a pic of what geelongstar got out of bermie o_0 bricks will be **** an the people on board will send me upset messages again or try an add me. there f ing c k suckers how bad there raping everything. 2268 ton a week goes out how longs it been running o_0 do the maths.

Return to “New South Wales”