Townsville report

VooDoo
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Rain Forest Over The Rainbow

Re: Townsville report

Postby VooDoo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:49 am

As always - a great report. Thank you Broomstick for sharing. Well done!!! :thumbsup:

Great to see the support for your endeavours by your Dad but it always take 2 to tango - you must also be a wonderful son as well. I am sure your Dad will be glad to do even more so your wishes and career can come true - that's what parent do.

Looking forward to your next installment wherever that will be. :)
-------------------------------------------------
Born To Fish .. Forced To Work



Remove these ads.

CarlG
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3707
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Rosebud.

Re: Townsville report

Postby CarlG » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 pm

As always mate, top drawer..
Hats off to you, and your old man, some stunning fish there, that diamond trevally looks spectacular..
Got couta..?

DougieK
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5106
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Glen Waverley

Re: Townsville report

Postby DougieK » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Barra and a GT on the same trip you bloody beauty!
16/17 Comp total 64cm

"If nothing easy is worthwhile, then LBG with lures must be just about the most worthwhile thing on the planet" MTF 2014

Texas
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: Townsville report

Postby Texas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Dad swimming for lures, freshies don't grow very big, they only take small things
Hope your dad was wearing a cricketers box.
& those Mozambique mouthbrooders..If they're trapped in pools, why don't they net them or something ??
I said your post was the best read, I forgot to mention, how much I learnt from it.
I have never seen a crucifix frog & some of those fish you caught.
I have trouble with rainbows & browns, at times, let alone know the types of perch up north.
Thanks
Gra

Texas
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: Townsville report

Postby Texas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:42 pm

DougieK wrote:Barra and a GT on the same trip you bloody beauty!


Is Barra Mick & GTS Hoon doing the same trip ????? :rofl:

dezza68
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:35 pm
Location: Langwarrin South

Re: Townsville report

Postby dezza68 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Great report, not seen a diamond trevally before.
Cast, catch and put it back



Remove these ads.

User avatar
fitzy90
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Re: Townsville report

Postby fitzy90 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Awesome report and photos!

User avatar
poppy62
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 am
Location: Sunny Rowville :)

Re: Townsville report

Postby poppy62 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:36 pm

A pleasure to read any of your posts

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Townsville report

Postby Broomstick » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

VooDooMagician wrote:As always - a great report. Thank you Broomstick for sharing. Well done!!! :thumbsup:

Great to see the support for your endeavours by your Dad but it always take 2 to tango - you must also be a wonderful son as well. I am sure your Dad will be glad to do even more so your wishes and career can come true - that's what parent do.

Looking forward to your next installment wherever that will be. :)


Thanks mate. My old man is the best person I know, if I'm half as good a bloke as him I'd be happy.

Texas wrote:Re: Dad swimming for lures, freshies don't grow very big, they only take small things
Hope your dad was wearing a cricketers box.
& those Mozambique mouthbrooders..If they're trapped in pools, why don't they net them or something ??
I said your post was the best read, I forgot to mention, how much I learnt from it.
I have never seen a crucifix frog & some of those fish you caught.
I have trouble with rainbows & browns, at times, let alone know the types of perch up north.
Thanks
Gra


Cheers Gra, yeah the freshies don't bother us, but you never know where a saltie might turn up around there. The mouthbrooders are just so widespread they'd be impossible to remove...they are in the main body of the river as well as the smaller pools unfortunately.


Return to “Other Australian States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests