Vintage Jarvis Walker rods restorations

Tonyzee

Re: Vintage Jarvis Walker rods restorations

Post by Tonyzee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Well restorations are usually rewrapping, replacing guides. In some cases back to blank, light sand and re-spray, and re wrap the whole rod. Helps having lots of old guides and thread.

Clear coat could be simpler, wet and dry the flakes and re spray the clear, depends on the damage.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 276 times

Post by Tackleberry » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 pm

Tonyzee wrote:HI,

I recently purchased 5 old Jarvis Walker rods, most in half decent nick, needing a few bits and new wraps, seem to have it sorted but just have a few questions to get the restorations looking authentic.

3x Black Queens look ok, just wanted to see if anyone new what color thread the bottom wrap is supposed to be?

1x Erskine Deluxe, same issue.

1 other rod not sure what it is, med green blank, with the double coil guides, red wraps, small cork fore, and wooden but approx 10". I was thinking maybe "the clarence", if anyone has a pic i would like to compare.

Thanks for reading
Regards

Anthony
it is like BRG well the one i had was
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah might try to source something in a different brand, could be brown that has faded but more like dark mustard colour, Gold seems to be too different, I will fix the rest of the rod first and do that last.

Return to “Rod building or repair”