School holidays

morgz86

School holidays

Post by morgz86 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:47 am

With school holidays coming up anyone know what lakes will be stocked during them! Would love to take my young bloke out for a fish

Huntnfish

Re: School holidays

Post by Huntnfish » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Check out the dpi website they normally have a list

Moffo

Post by Moffo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:13 pm

What area are you from mate?

Yarrambat park Lake is a stocked lake, alot of room and the scenery is always excellent too. If you get there mid to late arvo, you'll see the roo's comming off the Golf green.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 pm

I think they only stock the family fishing lakes around the 2nd and 3rd term breaks of the school holidays. But I could be wrong

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm

You're right with that Kev,it's part of the premier family fishing lakes program.

Morgz give the tackle shop in eildon or alex a ring,i think one of the clubs over that way runs a kids day on the middle sunday morning of the first lot of school holidays at the pondage and throw a few in for that.

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't think these lakes get stocked until the term 2 and 3 holidays

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Here is the latest list of school holiday stockings which was September last year http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/fishing-and- ... t-stocking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 am

morgz86 wrote:With school holidays coming up anyone know what lakes will be stocked during them! Would love to take my young bloke out for a fish
not sure on the other lakes but going by the web site Casey fields gets fish for the 1st 2nd and 3rd tern breaks

http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/arts-leisur ... ds/fishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took my neices son there for a fish some time back - he caught his first fish there ( Power bait was the go )
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

ashhroyan

Post by ashhroyan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
morgz86 wrote:With school holidays coming up anyone know what lakes will be stocked during them! Would love to take my young bloke out for a fish
not sure on the other lakes but going by the web site Casey fields gets fish for the 1st 2nd and 3rd tern breaks

http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/arts-leisur ... ds/fishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took my neices son there for a fish some time back - he caught his first fish there ( Power bait was the go )
Is this the one sortve behind melbournes footy ground with the play ground next to it

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm

ashhroyan wrote:
cheaterparts wrote:

Is this the one sortve behind melbournes footy ground with the play ground next to it
Yes after you enter Casey Feilds off the Cranbourne - Berwick rd head around to the play ground and park there its a short walk to the lake with good paths
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”