Stocked lakes

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Stocked lakes

Post by ChrisD » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Has anyone had any success in the stocked lakes since the school holidays?
This would have to be the quietest post stocking I have seen in a long while. They all received fish but just seems they still have not come on the bite. Unless everyone is keeping quiet and I am doing something very wrong.

Drifta-X

Re: Stocked lakes

Post by Drifta-X » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:30 pm

It's been really bad.
Lillydale is totally shut down and they are all grouped up down the deep hole.
Couldn't even tempt them dragging lures over them or ice jigs or placcys.
Need a yak to get where they are as I sounded them, and u would need to be a surf caster to get to it from the bank.

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Yep , the stocked lakes are very quiet around the Melbourne area. Makes me wonder if they actually did stock half of what they said they did ! . I've never seen the stocked lakes so quiet since they started doing it years ago.

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

black celta

Post by black celta » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 am

Hmmm, there may be something in what you say about the amount they say as compared to what they do,
but I would hope not ! there is definitely a difference to years past, as I have been taking my two little blokes to places I have fished for years catching and letting go, so after saying that, I feel there's something very aria this year. I hope it's nothing more than the moon or weather.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

I'm sure they were all stocked as reported. I have noticed that even the rivers and lakes have been dead over recent month's. It seems that freshwater has gone very, very quiet, stocked or otherwise. Hopefully we see a turn around soon and it starts firing again.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 pm

ChrisD wrote:I'm sure they were all stocked as reported. I have noticed that even the rivers and lakes have been dead over recent month's. It seems that freshwater has gone very, very quiet, stocked or otherwise. Hopefully we see a turn around soon and it starts firing again.
I think you have summed it up here very well! Some good fish are still being caught in freshwater, however, on average, I think it has been very slow!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:02 am

some trout are becoming active at karkarook, seen a few people catching them down there the last 2 weeks, i hooked onto 2 and dropped them in close using CD-3 Rapala's in Silver.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 am

sasquatch972 wrote:some trout are becoming active at karkarook, seen a few people catching them down there the last 2 weeks, i hooked onto 2 and dropped them in close using CD-3 Rapala's in Silver.
Hi,
When you say 'Silver', are you referring to the traditional pattern of 'Silver' (pictured top) or are you referring to the pattern that is known as 'Bleak' (pictured bottom).
thanks
Jim
Attachments
Silver.jpg
Bleak.jpg

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:25 am

Rod Bender wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:some trout are becoming active at karkarook, seen a few people catching them down there the last 2 weeks, i hooked onto 2 and dropped them in close using CD-3 Rapala's in Silver.
Hi,
When you say 'Silver', are you referring to the traditional pattern of 'Silver' (pictured top) or are you referring to the pattern that is known as 'Bleak' (pictured bottom).
thanks
Jim
hey, yeah the Traditional Pattern sorry, the top one.. seems to do great at most lakes on trout and also redfin. i have also had some success on a cheap Tsunami "super Trout" rainbow trout lure from k-mart that has caught a few redfin.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 am

No need to apologise! You called it by its correct name. I am glad it works because I have a few to try! Did you buy them local or did you get them online? I do not see them in many stores. For the record, I have had great success with the 'Bleak' on trout as well- a very good color!
thanks
Jim

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”