Karkarook Park

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Re: Karkarook Park

Post by ChrisTaylor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 am

It varied. Most were around the 20cm mark. If that. A couple of larger specimens were hauled in, too. Maybe leftovers from a previous stocking.

tbourke45

Post by tbourke45 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Powerbait-brand nuggets are the way to go, I rip off half and re-roll it so its nice and snug on my hook (Size 8 hooks is a must). I can tell you I have fished at karkarook park before and caught rainbow trouts with Powerbait-brand nuggets.

D.dallasen90

Carp karkarook park

Post by D.dallasen90 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Wondering how the carp are in this lake? Usual spot is Patterson lakes but wanting to try a new spot where I can catch big ones.
If anyone has any good tips for coarse angling in this area or know certain spots please let me know heading down tomorrow!!

Jtownley

Post by Jtownley » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Hey local fishos anyone been to karkarookpark and had any luck recently and whats the best time to go there its only 6 mins from my area so thinking about going doen for a flick :water:

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Jtownley wrote:Hey local fishos anyone been to karkarookpark and had any luck recently and whats the best time to go there its only 6 mins from my area so thinking about going doen for a flick :water:
hehe this thread is 5 years old...
if you wannna go go a week after the term 1 and 3 holidays, thats when they stock em. use pink powerbait and go at any time, preferably dawn/dusk

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Jtownley wrote:Hey local fishos anyone been to karkarookpark and had any luck recently and whats the best time to go there its only 6 mins from my area so thinking about going doen for a flick :water:
since your so close just go down and have some fun with the carp

Jtownley

Post by Jtownley » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm

dazz999 wrote:
catch em on corn?

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Jtownley wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
catch em on corn?
nope i only fish there with maggots (as bait ) burley up the spot im fishing and small burley cage attached to the rig

Jtownley

Post by Jtownley » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Where do you get the maggots from

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Jtownley wrote:Where do you get the maggots from
put some chicken in the backyard a few days later you got maggots nah i get mine from southern sportsfishing i tried complete angler bentleigh but you get more in the container from southern maybe just a different supplier

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”