Karkarook Park

MrI-fish

Re: Karkarook Park

Post by MrI-fish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:09 am

Down at Karkarook this morning feeding the ducks. Not a lot of action yet at all.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:46 pm

MrI-fish wrote:Down at Karkarook this morning feeding the ducks. Not a lot of action yet at all.

they stocked it a couple of weeks ago, last time I was there I managed 3 on the Saturday and 9 trout on the Sunday..all returned of course. ive heard its been fished out abit though now with people there every day taking everything they catch....

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:17 pm

It really is time fisheries officers patrolled some of these stocked lakes and nailled the buggers who treat them like a free trout farm. Seeing people pull out fish after fish and keep the lot really is unacceptable
They just screw it up for all the rest of us who try do the right thing.

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Look I didn't fish for very long, think the other side may have also been better fishing but very little action. Have caught trout there before and was there for first light and given it is week 1 of school holidays on Wednesday thought I would get some action.

moomobah

Post by moomobah » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:52 pm

It really is time fisheries officers patrolled some of these stocked lakes
Fisheries do check these lakes. Fished karma room this time last year and had a visit by a couple of fisheries. If you do see people taking more than bag limits call 13 FISH and they do send someone out pretty quickly. Worst comes to worst get a rego if you can and report that.

Also make sure you check the areas you can fish from. There are no fishing areas which are enforceable by fisheries. When I got checked they nabbed a couple of guys.

fisho nm.33

Post by fisho nm.33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 pm

umm.. im going down next week
need soft plastic lure types and sizes for trout and reddie
cheers boys
(btw i dont mind hooking a carp on 6lb line :) )

fisho nm.33

Post by fisho nm.33 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 am

sasquatch972 wrote:
MrI-fish wrote:Down at Karkarook this morning feeding the ducks. Not a lot of action yet at all.

they stocked it a couple of weeks ago, last time I was there I managed 3 on the Saturday and 9 trout on the Sunday..all returned of course. ive heard its been fished out abit though now with people there every day taking everything they catch....

any recomendations for lures like plastics

im getting orange and yellow coloured spinners
i wanna try get my first redfin
thanks

thraze

Post by thraze » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 am

Just a note: recently stocked fish are lure shy simply because of the shock to the system. Being carted around and dumped into an unfamiliar area with usually slightly different water temps can wreak havoc on a fishes eating patterns/habits. Once they acclimatize and are comfortable in their new home they are usually easier to catch.

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Spent a couple of hours there this afternoon. I wanted to experiment with prawns in a fresh water setting. No luck, personally. Also tried Gulp-brand trout nuggets. No luck there, either. I find they fall off to hook too easily. The nuggets are too dry, too crumbly. I also tried flicking around a Tasmanian Devil.

Anyway, I did see--for the first time--people doing very well at Karkarook. In the past I've seen people bring in a redfin or a small trout or two. That's all. In the space of ~30 minutes I saw three people catch 5-6 trout apiece. One used Powerbait-brand nuggets, 'the original scent', and another used live maggots. Both had a little burley container (an old Powerbait jar with a few holes drilled in it) loaded up with bread. All of this took place in a fairly short space of time--the first guy took his haul home after only being there a short time then two other people came along and set up. The action died down, even for them, shortly afterwards.

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:33 pm

ChrisTaylor wrote:Spent a couple of hours there this afternoon. I wanted to experiment with prawns in a fresh water setting. No luck, personally. Also tried Gulp-brand trout nuggets. No luck there, either. I find they fall off to hook too easily. The nuggets are too dry, too crumbly. I also tried flicking around a Tasmanian Devil.

Anyway, I did see--for the first time--people doing very well at Karkarook. In the past I've seen people bring in a redfin or a small trout or two. That's all. In the space of ~30 minutes I saw three people catch 5-6 trout apiece. One used Powerbait-brand nuggets, 'the original scent', and another used live maggots. Both had a little burley container (an old Powerbait jar with a few holes drilled in it) loaded up with bread. All of this took place in a fairly short space of time--the first guy took his haul home after only being there a short time then two other people came along and set up. The action died down, even for them, shortly afterwards.
might have been recently stocked there, how big were the trout?
ive always fished hard bodies down there and managed 20 trout one day, all returned of course.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”