Devilbend reservoir

Rod Bender

Re: Devilbend reservoir

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 pm

wokka1 wrote:Doesn't matter that there are "no, no yak signs". It's common knowledge that it's closed to boat / yaks etc. The management plans state
"Boating, such as kayaking and canoeing, may
pose a high risk to waterbirds and habitat
values. Provision for future non-powered
boating will be considered following an
assessment of how opening the reserve to
shore-based recreation has impacted on
waterbirds (based on ongoing monitoring), and
further investigation to assess impacts of onwater
activity. In the interim, boating will be
limited for approved research and management
purposes
."
What that means is that if shore based fishos don't screw the joint up by a/ leaving crap everywhere and b/ sticking to the designated fishing areas (a/ they will, b/ they won't) then access might be granted down the track. By yakking it now you risk legal access being denied down the track. You might think no one is taking any notice but you can bet that the Greenies are taking notes on illegal boating to use in future battles to close the joint off to anglers.

:good:
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

i fished there heaps of times when i was a lad got heaps of redies and eels.go hodgins rd and walk up the water pipe, dont fall in though coz the sink hole will suck you right back to the main carpark

tinyballerina

Post by tinyballerina » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

At Lysterfield there are no go zones clearly buoyed, so you don't upset the lesser crested blue titted grebe or the pie eyed grovellous oyster catcher.

Be a piece of **** to do the same at Devilbend.

I'd bet my left nut that no one will sign off on anything else being implemented other than what's happening now.

Here's a thought. Take down a plastic bag when you go fishing and pick up any rubbish you find. Might help delay the inevitable.

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:52 pm

That's fair enough then. I've seen a guy rock up with his yak but didn't have a trolley to take it to the water so he didn't bother Haha. So really they need signs up because not every one looks up the does n dont's before they go to a spot they know of
The Dirty Oar

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:21 am

Went ther yesterday had a good day on the reddies lost count of how many I caught the biggest was just under 3 pound just using sp t tails in pink didn't even bother changing. Not 1 other person fishing ther but my mate & also I noticed straight away from the car park how low the waters dropped this time last year it was over 100%
The Dirty Oar

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 am

Can they fill it up from some where or does it depend on rainfall? I think our local lake may be topped up at times from the Goulburn River. Doesn't seem to fluctuate at all.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 am

How was the weed down there Jake? Which area did you fish? Thinking of heading down there Sunday, haven't been since it first opened.

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 am

im probably going to go down there for the first time sometime this week, is there still any trout being caught in there?

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am

The weed is still defantly ther but because of the water dropping its mostly 5-10 meters out so u wanna take your waders still. You can notice thow how much weed has gone around the jetties they have also finished the bridge and that's awsum no need to walk back up n around anymore to get to the other shore line.
I was just fishing the non jetty side that's were had all my luck no luck in my favorite spot ther at the quarry dunno about trout first time having caught 1 ther and first time I have caught reddies in ther ever
The Dirty Oar

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Is the bridge from where the platform is to the quarry area? That would save a lot of trekking.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”