Devilbend reservoir

Rod Bender

Re: Devilbend reservoir

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 am

Jake420 wrote: Iv been told by tackle shop guy set up 10 springers tied around tree using bike tube and 60 pound line gone back and only 4 where left (not at devilbend)
I would suggest you start going to another tackle shop! I have an inkling why most of them were gone! People would have seen them and removed them. Then the idiot who puts them in is dumb enough to think that large cod have come along and broken the line. That's what I read into this anyway!
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 am

haha not a chance changing shop. Fair enough think what you like .. so the other 4 lines left out 2 had cod on them but you probly still think I'm talking ****
The Dirty Oar

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 am

Jake420 wrote:Spinners I used but hard to use with so much weed around rapalas probly best to use if its not to windy of a day.. (every time iv been its really windy)
Haha, jim don't think thers cod in ther? I think theres a good chance there is still. Been told by 3 different people they fished there within the last 10 years especially for cod. And knowing myself there's massive cod in other catchments I don't doubt it at all. Iv been told by tackle shop guy set up 10 springers tied around tree using bike tube and 60 pound line gone back and only 4 where left (not at devilbend)
I hope you know springers are COMPLETELY ILLEGAL :siren: http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... /equipment

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am

The "tackle shop" guys would be better off doing us all a favour and ringing 13fish and dobbing the p**** in,rather than spruiking off about it,or there will be no cod fishery left.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Jake420 wrote:haha not a chance changing shop. Fair enough think what you like .. so the other 4 lines left out 2 had cod on them but you probly still think I'm talking shizen!
I don't think you are talking shizen! I just don't believe you should be promoting illegal fishing activities! Same goes for the tackle shop - very poor form! I also remember this thread when you were fishing at a location which wasn't open to the public then! So I can think what I like!

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... bow#p17981

thanks
Jim

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Jake420 wrote:Haha, jim don't think thers cod in ther? I think theres a good chance there is still. Been told by 3 different people they fished there within the last 10 years especially for cod.
Not to mention that the place only opened up to fishing a few months ago. this place has no hope!

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah I was fishing there before it was open.. but when parks guys came up to me they didn't ask me to leave justfor my fishing license and melbourne water just asking if I had any luck. So i dont think thats illegal if they didn't kick me out or fine me. No i didn't know springers are illegal.. as iv never looked into them or thought about using them. And no need to call 13fish as he's been caught for 3rd time with $2800 fine and still gotta go to court.
The Dirty Oar

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 am

Know the rules before you wet a line mate :doh1:
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Master-pro wrote:Know the rules before you wet a line mate :doh1:
Exactly :!:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

banjo

Post by banjo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Had another look yesterday, Friday and noticed work has begun again on the access tracks and there were no fisher people at all with only workman and day trippers present. (How do you spell sight see ers BTW?) Anyway the water level has dropped since November which was to be expected and if it keeps going down those pesky weed beds may be closer to the shoreline and therefore easier to negotiate. Wonder if they will then extend the fishing platform out further as it is on pontoons? Noticed large amounts of loose floating weed along the right hand side of the fishing platform mixed up with plastic bags polystyrene coffee cups and other rubbish. The only report aof any fish being caught was a small redfin from Tackleworld's web site.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”