Rowville lake report 06.07.2014

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Rowville lake report 06.07.2014

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

went to rowville yesterday, used a few different lures and tried something different.. gave a little 1/4 oz vibe blade a go, long casting to about out the middle of the lake.
After a few go's hooked upto a small 15cm reddy about 2m out from the bank and dropped it.. so i guess those cheap ebay blades do attract fish, just need to upgrade the hooks on them.

blakesirus

Post by blakesirus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:11 pm

there is a family fishing day at rowville lakes this sun (U18`s only) and the lakes will be stocked with 400+ trout on the day so many fish to be in lakes afterwards. though i did give rowville lakes a fish a few days ago and saw really dirty water with 4 dead trout floating at surface and caught 2 plastic bags from bottom on lure... looks highly polluted. no bites.

guppie12
Has liked: 1 time

Post by guppie12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:06 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
frozenpod wrote:I am no trout expert but I am not sure I would agree with that.

I will often fish one bait and one lure outfit and I have seen a few followers of the lures but no takers.

But at the same time they will often take the bait.
well I was using rapala CD-3's, CD-5's and at first it was pretty much every cast id hook a fish, had to depress the barbs, and even go single hooks to allow for a better release, lost a lot more that way but it was great. and every time I go I see baitos getting maybe 3-4 fish in the time ive got plenty. used to fish bait a lot for little to no success..
well at ybat i use gulp salmon eggs at the wall and catch 10+ almost every time up to 3 weeks after stocking
Cheers

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”