the reel thing

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
bigwatkins

the reel thing

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 am

just got back from a charter with the reel thing,

got a voucher for christmas of my mum for a half day out with the reel thing,

turns out half a day is 5 hours leaving at 5am and because its a weekend its an additional $24 on arrival.

this is all good except we didn't leave until 5:20 and we got back at 9:50am hhmmmm theres half an hour missing

we got out drove for a good half an hour to the first spot and straight away got onto a few fish(pinkies and flathead), unfortunately this wasn't enough for the crew so they decided to pull the rods in and move on, half an hour of driving again to the next spot fished for half an hour for nothing. up reels and move, 40minutes later drop lines right next to a heap of boats and burley up..... nothing.

i think a few of the people at the back of the boat had got onto a few more pinkies and then...... up lines were done fellas.....

what????

45min drive back to the dock at walking pass and arriving back early... needless to say i was more than un-impressed.

I've fished a few charters and don't get me wrong this is a nice boat and the gear all seems in good nick, but in reality it seemed like the captain and deck hand couldn't give a **** what happened and it was all just about getting more and more guys on the boat.

sorry guys thats my rant done but i just thought id give the heads up to anyone else that thinks those vouchers are a good idea

malleestump

Re: the reel thing

Post by malleestump » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 am

that's an interesting trip bigwatkins.i and 3 mates also got vouchers for reel thing.we havn't taken our trip yet.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:17 am

malleestump wrote:that's an interesting trip bigwatkins.i and 3 mates also got vouchers for reel thing.we havn't taken our trip yet.

they could be good don't get me wrong, we just had a bit of a **** spell i think.

its unfortunate because it was like glass out there this morning i could have fished for another 5 hours easy

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:23 am

I have been thinking about a charter. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll be taking my money elsewhere. I don't see the point of paying to go on a boat ride with maybe an hours fishing. Does anyone know of a good fishing charter? Thanks
Cheers
The Tube

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:39 am

Bay fishn trial s and Mornington are really good and theyre a lot cheaper as well, they have my suggestion!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:02 pm

gee that's no good for a charter

5 hrs should be 5 hrs.....not 5.20am and 10 mins early

put them in the black book

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Yippie Kay Yay

Post by Yippie Kay Yay » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:14 pm

I had a similar experience between xmas and new years with those guys.
Wouldn't recommend them at all.
Learn to trade shares and turn your savings into an income.
The only thing stopping you is 30 minutes a day.
Get your free guide to trading with The A-Line at
http://www.aberdeentrading.com

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Yippie Kay Yay wrote:I had a similar experience between xmas and new years with those guys.
Wouldn't recommend them at all.
I'm glad it's not just me then,

The captain was nice enough but when it comes down to it, it just seemed like it was all about making money not fishing

I've been with pro fishing charters out in western port and he gave us 2 free hours because we were catching fish

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm

it could be that we're getting a discounted price to keep his charter going 100% of the time that he is saying just take it and shut up Bigwatkins
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:32 pm

malleestump wrote:it could be that we're getting a discounted price to keep his charter going 100% of the time that he is saying just take it and shut up Bigwatkins

Well he will never get his charter running full time with out discount then with it running like that

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”