Boat charters

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Ali22

Re: Boat charters

Post by Ali22 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I haven't even caught pinkies last snapper season I cleaned up but this year I have no luck

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:10 am

Ploh wrote:Don't know about you guys, but I'm still trying to figure out why this is in the 'Kayak Fishing' section...

And best of luck with the fishing Ali22. Keep at it. I have been on a charter before, off from St. Kilda. Caught a lot of flathead. In fact I think that's all we caught. Loads of fun though.
It was weird in that about 15 people were all lined around the border of the boat. I was catching a heap of flatties, but the kid next to me caught nothing. Literally shoulder width apart. Strange thing fishing is hey?
I use Tapatalk and just use the "unread" feature to show me any new posts, so I don't even notice what section of the forum a post is in.

As for that charter... I reckon it's Melbourne Fishing Charters. I've been on it twice because I was given vouchers for it twice. The first time they put us onto pinkies, and we caught heaps, however only about 1 in every 10 were legal size with the biggest being 30cm. The second time we drifted for flathead, and again we got heaps, however mostly undersized again. I won't be going with them again.
And that kid next to you that wasn't catching anything... My guess is that he wasn't letting his bait hit the bottom. One of my mates kept stopping his line before it hit the bottom and wondered why he wasn't getting bites until I told him he hadn't hit the bottom yet.

Ali22

Post by Ali22 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

Didn't sound that good for a charter but I reckon ill give it a couple of more hits on land based if no luck then going into beach fishing

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:25 am

Ali22 wrote:Didn't sound that good for a charter but I reckon ill give it a couple of more hits on land based if no luck then going into beach fishing
That's the spirit Ali, don't give up, reds have been and will continue to be caught, including by you. Not having a car limits your movement, so every hour fishing is precious, I can understand your frustration. Perhaps this should motivate you to get a car?
I've been on charters too, somehow it feels less satisfying when someone does all the thinking for you, sounds the fish and puts a rod in your hand with a fish on. Landbased reds are much more fun. By all means do a charter to give yourself a confidence boost and to learn off the skipper though.

Ali22

Post by Ali22 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 am

Yes thinking of booking a charter soon thanks kaotay:)

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:10 pm

has anyone used Reel thing charters leaves from Carrum.Received a gift voucher half price during the week$65 for 1/2 day which is a great price. Gus
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:42 pm

:fish11: Had a ball yesterday on Think Big charters from Carrum, we bagged out with time to spare and all had a fantastic time (...unlike the terrible unprofessional WP experience I had earlier in the year with another company).

I highly recommend a trip out with Shaun :a_goodjob:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.86 KiB) Viewed 723 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (107.54 KiB) Viewed 723 times

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:22 am

Blooming awesome !!!!!!!!

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:57 am

Freakazoid wrote::fish11: Had a ball yesterday on Think Big charters from Carrum, we bagged out with time to spare and all had a fantastic time (...unlike the terrible unprofessional WP experience I had earlier in the year with another company).

:Dribble: That's what we're talkin' about! :Dribble:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

Freakazoid wrote::fish11: Had a ball yesterday on Think Big charters from Carrum, we bagged out with time to spare and all had a fantastic time (...unlike the terrible unprofessional WP experience I had earlier in the year with another company).

Good to hear that you had such an enjoyable time well done :a_goodjob:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”