Boat charters

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Tomcat1

Re: Boat charters

Post by Tomcat1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:23 pm

i forget what charter it was but a mate of mine told me he went on one, paid for a 6 hour charter and 2 hours into it they all had their bag of snapper so the skipper pulled anchor and headed back in. he asked why not catch and release some or fish for something else but the skipper wouldnt stay out. i would not be happy if i pay for a 6 hour trip and dont even get half of it.

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:i forget what charter it was but a mate of mine told me he went on one, paid for a 6 hour charter and 2 hours into it they all had their bag of snapper so the skipper pulled anchor and headed back in. he asked why not catch and release some or fish for something else but the skipper wouldnt stay out. i would not be happy if i pay for a 6 hour trip and dont even get half of it.
Yeah that's a bit rough!! You'd think you'd either do some catch/release or perhaps have a drift around and target some other tasty bycatch to make up the time or something :???:
At the same time though, beats paying good money to sit in the water for 6hours getting donuts I guess...been there, done that.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 pm

This think big charter keeps sounding better and better, i like the look of there night gummy charter.

I have been with a few, most recent "abel fishing charters" they are great guys and its a nice boat but its really more for bux doo's and hens nights so they let you bring as many cans on as you want but they dont put a lot of effort in for the fishing

Ive also recently been with "pro fishing charters" in WP.
Although the first trip the boat broke down they offered all our money back but we refused and went back out for free. The first trip we only caught a few couta but the 2nd we got a handfull of 2.5kg snapper a dozen couta some makrel and a couple of flattys.
The guys boat is getting on but he does everything he can to catch fish and on our 2nd trip we probably fished for 9 hours for free.

Im looking to go out again soon, i also seen that voucher $65 for a half day so i might give it a bash if not splash out on think big

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”