Covied safe app

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Re: Covied safe app

Post by ronan » Fri May 01, 2020 11:37 pm

i think you mean lockdown, not house arrest...

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 02, 2020 12:41 am

ronan wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:10 pm
I’d be more concerned about most other applications on my phone such as google maps, facebook, instagram etc

Troy McLure wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 pm
We’ve already given our lives over to the tech giants so what is one more app going to do?

Might help the government track Covid a bit better

"They" can track our money, our holidays, our lives anyway , , , , at least this Covid Safe Ap helps keep me and mine safer

The arguments of not wanting "them" to know where you are, or you don't feel safe, or "they" know your ins and outs , , , , is ridiculous. "They" know that anyway through a plethora of ways.

Any dumb dumb dodo can track you. And they don't need an ap or gps or personal details or anything.

Here look at this photo ????

House.JPG

I can track those people, easy , , , , I might not know where they are , , , , but I know where they are not , , , , they are not home :(

And any Bugler can work that out as well.

If any unscrupulous person wants your details, too late , , , , they already do.

So total anonymity is an illusion, at least the Covid Safe Ap has benefits for you , , , , and for the rest of us

Regards, Bugs
Last edited by Bugatti on Sat May 02, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat May 02, 2020 7:38 am

The reason our transmission rate is so low is because of the lockdowns imposed. Once they get lifted it will only take one case undetected in the community to start it again. This app is to try and help trace those case contacts so that those people can be put into lockdown instead of all the rest of us.
I think those people that want to get out of lockdown but are not prepared to give up a few personal freedoms are going to send us all back into a second wave and a round of economic and health turmoil that has not yet been seen in this country.

Let me make this quite clear.
If you go missing while out fishing, the police will give me, as a skipper of a search and rescue craft, the location of your phone and it's past history up till when it disappears of the phone grid.
NO APPS are needed. You could have an old dumb phone. This covid tracing app does not upload anything to anyone unless you Yeah YOU, push the upload button after you have had a positive test for covid19. All the app does is transmit a digital encrypted code on blue tooth. Blue tooth has a very short range of a few meters. If you are close to another phone, with the app, it will record their digital code and store it for 21 days. Those codes will be uploaded to the medical staff if you push the button in the app. The data base that matches the codes to the phone numbers is stored in Australia.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat May 02, 2020 7:44 am

Not for me yet, im a bit aprehesive

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat May 02, 2020 8:09 am

fishnut wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:44 am
Not for me yet, im a bit aprehesive
What of?
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat May 02, 2020 9:19 am

Definate yes for me, I don't understand all the hesitation, I'm out in the community as part of my work, I want to know who I come in contact with that might have the virus, as for being traced or whatever they can go their hardest as my life is quite boring except for fishing

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat May 02, 2020 11:37 am

I havent downloaded it, but mainly because i am stuck at home. Ive barely left the house for 8 weeks and certainly havent spent 15mins hanging around with anyone i dont live with.

As far as spying on you, i am more worried about things like Facebook and Google. I use Google for almost everything, but dont use Facebook at all. My misses always gets adds for things that i have looked up even though we dont share PC's or phones.. just the same wifi.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat May 02, 2020 1:57 pm

Who knows what is embedded in that app I am so sceptical I don’t do internet banking and still have a bank book. But if google wants to know what I have been looking at good on them.
I certainly would never have a Facebook or amazon account

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Deleted some text regarding previous employment. Wouldn't want it affected career prospects in future.

Better stance in my newer reply regarding the advantages of future pandemic prediction modeling.
Last edited by Andrews on Sat May 02, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Sat May 02, 2020 4:21 pm

I,m in, what,s to lose ? And there may be some gain.
We seem to overanalyse everything.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”