Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Good stuff snorkly :thumbsup: nice catch mate

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Kingfish charter recommendation

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:26 am

barra mick wrote:
snorkly wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:When I learn how to catch them, maybe a few of us can get together on my boat.
Looking forward to it mate, I'm always keen to find a new fishing budys. :cheers:
200 bucks....I should start a charter for that coin.

better than working

Bm
Its harder then you think to start up. A older boat with serveying tickets start around $40k then add your licence you need to run a charter boat which you have to buy from a exiting owner whos selling start at 35k i think. Been a while since i looked it all up
So 6ppl on boat at 200 is 1200 per day.
Sounds great
Except try my maths
Buy boat and licences outright 75k if you fish 200 days a year taĺy over 5 years on average repayments 100 a day fuel boat and car 200 a day. Insurance 50 a day. Bait 50 a day food and drinks 50 a day. Payment for gear outlay 50 a day. Wages 400 a day.maintance for car boat and trailer 30 a day. Business running cost 50 a day. Boat and trailer rego 15 a day.

Roughtly 900 a day expenses. So you only get a profit if you get a full boat load each day on 200 days a year. Big risk

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:03 am

smile0784 wrote:
barra mick wrote:
snorkly wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:When I learn how to catch them, maybe a few of us can get together on my boat.
Looking forward to it mate, I'm always keen to find a new fishing budys. :cheers:
200 bucks....I should start a charter for that coin.

better than working

Bm
Its harder then you think to start up. A older boat with serveying tickets start around $40k then add your licence you need to run a charter boat which you have to buy from a exiting owner whos selling start at 35k i think. Been a while since i looked it all up
So 6ppl on boat at 200 is 1200 per day.
Sounds great
Except try my maths
Buy boat and licences outright 75k if you fish 200 days a year taĺy over 5 years on average repayments 100 a day fuel boat and car 200 a day. Insurance 50 a day. Bait 50 a day food and drinks 50 a day. Payment for gear outlay 50 a day. Wages 400 a day.maintance for car boat and trailer 30 a day. Business running cost 50 a day. Boat and trailer rego 15 a day.

Roughtly 900 a day expenses. So you only get a profit if you get a full boat load each day on 200 days a year. Big risk

Basically it is cheaper than having a farm, but seriously some people will work in jobs that have poor pay, and the will do it because they love the work. that is If they have a choice.

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:57 am

Cheers guys. You have a very valid and fair point smile0784; it doesn't seem like an easy job and not as profitable as most of us think!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:41 am

snorkly wrote:Finally day came and I went out today for kingies. 5am we went out from Sorrento straight out off heads, first I've dropped a snapper on the boat side while jigging. Then as I was still jigging I've seen a rod with little hook and sinker on the rack and baited with piece of squid strip and send it down. 10 mins later first kingie was on board, but only 68 cm! That was the only 1 outside of the heads. As the tide slacken at the rip we came into rip and moved around, heaps of boats, heaps of fish but not much bite! All of a sudden 1 of the school we found start to bite and we had a 3 way hook up, pulled them in the boat I've send my jig down again and straight away another one hooked up and successfully pulled that in as well (81 & 79cm). That was it for the day, very happy with the result. IMHO kingies are the best fighting fish we can find in Victorian waters. Tight lines.
Great report was this on a charter?

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 pm

well done on the kingies, good report too
thankyou

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:22 pm

rb85 wrote:
snorkly wrote:Finally day came and I went out today for kingies. 5am we went out from Sorrento straight out off heads, first I've dropped a snapper on the boat side while jigging. Then as I was still jigging I've seen a rod with little hook and sinker on the rack and baited with piece of squid strip and send it down. 10 mins later first kingie was on board, but only 68 cm! That was the only 1 outside of the heads. As the tide slacken at the rip we came into rip and moved around, heaps of boats, heaps of fish but not much bite! All of a sudden 1 of the school we found start to bite and we had a 3 way hook up, pulled them in the boat I've send my jig down again and straight away another one hooked up and successfully pulled that in as well (81 & 79cm). That was it for the day, very happy with the result. IMHO kingies are the best fighting fish we can find in Victorian waters. Tight lines.
Great report was this on a charter?
Thanks mate. Yes, it was on a charter.

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Anyone had experience with Reel Time's kingfish charters?

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Personally no but every time I have been at the heads he is there and consistently puts his clients on to them never heard a bad word.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Nude up wrote:Personally no but every time I have been at the heads he is there and consistently puts his clients on to them never heard a bad word.
Gday mate! Have you had a crack yet this season? The rip went well on sunday, quiet yesdy, and bigger fish fired today from what I heard. Also heard a whisper of schooley bluefin coming in through the heads as far as st leonards (must have been onto a school of bait I'm guessing and lost their way, yet again,lol).
Big schools of kings out the front of the P/I too, but only hearing of spearos getting amongst them so far. Could be a water temp thing, and a matter of the swell co-operating in order to get in close to structure, not too sure. There's a report for ya...

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”