Kingfish charter recommendation

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Hookedagain

Re: Kingfish charter recommendation

Post by Hookedagain » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 am

Just had a really bad experience with Shaun from Think Big Charters (Westernport - Crib Point /Stony Point) which taught me the following about charters. Make sure that everything is crystal and ideally in writingl: Time (he got the time wrong), Duration (he decreased the time agreed by 1.5 hours and was double booked), What's provided (no water on board when I thought it was catered, bad news on a hot day). Better communication would have avoided them really stuffing up a much anticipated experience.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Caught today r
FB_IMG_1484635805344.jpg
FB_IMG_1484635805344.jpg (19.92 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm

That's a solid one. Nice :thumbsup:

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:14 pm

That's a top fish mate, make me jealous! :super: Which charter was it; "BOWL'S ULTIMATE FISHING CHARTERS"? :tongue:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:20 pm

snorkly wrote:That's a top fish mate, make me jealous! :super: Which charter was it; "BOWL'S ULTIMATE FISHING CHARTERS"? :tongue:

Pretty sure he forgot to mention it's not his fish and he stole the picture from Facebook.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Was one of the staff from trellys in geelong that got that. Bycatch chasing sharks. Took a live slimey on 200lb wire.

As for the first poster above. Been out on half a dozen charters with shaun, always had a good time. It's not a cattle bus where they put on a bbq lunch and never has been. Maybe a cattle bus would better suit you next time

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Brett wrote:
snorkly wrote:That's a top fish mate, make me jealous! :super: Which charter was it; "BOWL'S ULTIMATE FISHING CHARTERS"? :tongue:

Pretty sure he forgot to mention it's not his fish and he stole the picture from Facebook.

Never let the truth get in the way off a good story

But whoever caught it ....its a ripper kingy

Good stuff to them.

Bm

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Finally day came and I went out today for kingies. 5am we went out from Sorrento straight out off heads, first I've dropped a snapper on the boat side while jigging. Then as I was still jigging I've seen a rod with little hook and sinker on the rack and baited with piece of squid strip and send it down. 10 mins later first kingie was on board, but only 68 cm! That was the only 1 outside of the heads. As the tide slacken at the rip we came into rip and moved around, heaps of boats, heaps of fish but not much bite! All of a sudden 1 of the school we found start to bite and we had a 3 way hook up, pulled them in the boat I've send my jig down again and straight away another one hooked up and successfully pulled that in as well (81 & 79cm). That was it for the day, very happy with the result. IMHO kingies are the best fighting fish we can find in Victorian waters. Tight lines.
Attachments
KF1.JPG
KF2.JPG
KF3.JPG
KF4.JPG

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Nice

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

snorkly wrote:Finally day came and I went out today for kingies. 5am we went out from Sorrento straight out off heads, first I've dropped a snapper on the boat side while jigging. Then as I was still jigging I've seen a rod with little hook and sinker on the rack and baited with piece of squid strip and send it down. 10 mins later first kingie was on board, but only 68 cm! That was the only 1 outside of the heads. As the tide slacken at the rip we came into rip and moved around, heaps of boats, heaps of fish but not much bite! All of a sudden 1 of the school we found start to bite and we had a 3 way hook up, pulled them in the boat I've send my jig down again and straight away another one hooked up and successfully pulled that in as well (81 & 79cm). That was it for the day, very happy with the result. IMHO kingies are the best fighting fish we can find in Victorian waters. Tight lines.
Nice one mate :thumbsup: They are a great fighting fish and in my opinion very tasty especially cut up into cutlets lightly pan fried with a bit of lemon also heard kingfish sashimi is great too.

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”