Kingfish charter recommendation

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
snorkly

Kingfish charter recommendation

Post by snorkly » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am

Hi all, I've been out to kingfish charters twice in the past. Both were exclusively using jigging techniques. Nothing wrong with that (except you'll feel very tired after 6-8 hours of jigging) but at times, if its not working obviously you gotta change your method! So is there any charter recommendation around Melbourne who'll do some live baiting etc. when its necessary? Thanks.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Kingfish charter recommendation

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Rip Charters.
Spoke to Tobes, (who skippers rip runner), a while back. He said they mix it up, as the kingies can hammer one thing one day, another the next.
They live bait, jig, and use surface lures if needed.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Magnetic fishing charters were also advertising a mix of techniques for kingfish

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:46 pm

CarlG wrote:Rip Charters.
Spoke to Tobes, (who skippers rip runner), a while back. He said they mix it up, as the kingies can hammer one thing one day, another the next.

All charters should do this, if they don't, they're spuds :down:

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Brett wrote:
CarlG wrote:Rip Charters.

All charters should do this, if they don't, they're spuds :down:
Going off what He said, they can be a pain. Somedays only green knife jigs seem to work, other days live squid are the go and so on. The disadvantage for the punter is, kingy charters are, (or at least were 2 years ago), 8 hour trips. That includes picking up the punters from sorrento and queenscliff, go and targetting squid, then targetting yakkas, then going into the rip, and if necessary, around to cape shanck, or the reef off barwon heads.

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks Carl, I've just spoken to RIP charters but they only taking groups for kingie charters (not individuals like me). Woolly Bugger, instead of "Magnetic fishing charters" can it be "Magnet fishing charters" which own by bloke called Jason and its runs from Werribee? Thanks

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:05 am

snorkly wrote:Thanks Carl, I've just spoken to RIP charters but they only taking groups for kingie charters (not individuals like me). Woolly Bugger, instead of "Magnetic fishing charters" can it be "Magnet fishing charters" which own by bloke called Jason and its runs from Werribee? Thanks
Was also going to call rip about a kingy trip.

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 am

He just said to me minimum 7-8 people group he is accepting bowl, He recommended Joe Farr but haven't spoke him yet. If its not him I'll probably call Chris from Gone fishing at Queenscliff!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 am

snorkly wrote:Thanks Carl, I've just spoken to RIP charters but they only taking groups for kingie charters (not individuals like me). Woolly Bugger, instead of "Magnetic fishing charters" can it be "Magnet fishing charters" which own by bloke called Jason and its runs from Werribee? Thanks
Bugger, shows how out of touch I am with the guys down there..Just spoke to Steve, (does the pier refueling for a few of the boats), He told me Tobes is only doing occasional trips for Phil now, some guy called 'Crackers'is skippering rip runner...

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:13 am

im pretty keen to land my first one as well, maybe a fishing victoria kingfish bash is in order???

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”