Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Hire Boats

Post by fishingvic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 am

Fish-cador wrote:go to Mordi creek - Bluey's or AllNut
AllNut used to be good and cheap, but they have recently closed down... Wouldn't bother with Bluey's
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Linc

Post by Linc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am

minimal wrote:
I haven't been on those, however even as a newbie, I didn't enjoy the charter I went on. It was like painting by numbers - you didn't need to do ANYTHING, other than bait up your hook and literally drop it into the water. We caught a couple of nice snapper, but there was not much sport to it and zero thought process...
I know exactly what you mean, I don't feel like I'm fishing when on a charter like that, there is basically no skill required at all by the fisherman.

I'd love to take you out on my boat but wouldn't be available before xmas unfortunately - all my days off are pretty flat out.

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Hey everyone, I was thinking of hiring a boat from mornington this saturday so my gf and I can see what its like fishing off a boat. What is everyone's thought about the weather this saturday and any tips on fishing from a boat? Would also be nice if anyone with good knowledge of the area give us some locations to try? Or should I just rent their GPS? What do you guys think? Should we give it a go or give it a pass? Any advice is appreciated!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Sat should be ok weather wise(at this stage). The GPS you get usually have marks, as to where the common fishing spots are in the area, so could be well worth the little extra.

Hows this, I'll go out on a limb here and make a call to the owner and see if we can arrange free GPS hire, with any boat hire by a member of this forum.
Would this interest members, or am I waisting my time?

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Brett wrote:Sat should be ok weather wise(at this stage). The GPS you get usually have marks, as to where the common fishing spots are in the area, so could be well worth the little extra.

Hows this, I'll go out on a limb here and make a call to the owner and see if we can arrange free GPS hire, with any boat hire by a member of this forum.
Sounds good!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Brett wrote:Sat should be ok weather wise(at this stage). The GPS you get usually have marks, as to where the common fishing spots are in the area, so could be well worth the little extra.

Definately sounds good to me too! But then again, I'm not sure if many forum'ers actually hire boats to go fishing. Also, its not something that is really that cheap that I can do every weekend or something :( Not sure how often the offer will be taken up.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 pm

I think that's a great suggestion!

Linc

Post by Linc » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 am

Yep it is a good idea, win win.

I used to get together with 3 or 4 work mates and hire a boat down there every 5 or 6 weeks, when you split the bill between 4 or 5 people it's not that expensive at all. Especially when compared to the price of flatty tails in the market!

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 am

Hopefully it'll be good this Saturday. Looking forward to it now :)

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

I hire boat from mornington all the time! but i got into trouble last time for coming in late lol.. stupid 15hp motor! took me over an hr to get back in against the current lol
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”