Think Big charter review

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Think Big charter review

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:A member for 2 years and only 1 post taking a pot shot at someone's business? Smells a little bit off...
I doubt someone would reg an account purely to knock a business in two years time. Even if they did, that kind of patience should be rewarded really.
Having regular dealings with fruits through work along with knowing countless people who have been on his boat, the details of the post are completely conflicting. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks if my skepticism is justified

tkl86

Post by tkl86 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Why wait for 2 years just to shoot the skipper/Think Big? I rather spend my time fishing instead.

It happened recently and it was my 3th trip with Think big. All my mates were very disappointed and we really wanna warn everyone before the same happen again to others. It is a very bad experience and it happened x2.

I believe we are not the only one experienced such unacceptable service. Hopefully this post will bring more people to come forward instead of letting it slight away.

drewb

Post by drewb » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Why have you been out with Think Big 3 times if you've had multiple bad experiences?

I had a similar experience with a skipper in PPB, ie cracking it at us for missing hook ups, controlling the rods at the back of the boat etc. I'd never go out with him again.

tkl86

Post by tkl86 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:01 pm

First trip was fantastic, second trip was bad. Caught doughnut and get yelling for not striking fast enough. 3rd time was just terrible. I just wanna give it a chance or 2 but never again.

charlts99

Post by charlts99 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:28 pm

I have been out with Shaun on his charter and we didn't catch a lot of fish, just one of those days.
But he put in a lot of moves and effort to find fish and we ended up with a feed, he was fantastic gave us some secret tips and an extra 1hr as it was a slow day, we got along great and had a laugh.
If you had a bad experience you should have complained to him not dog him behind his back.

pappyy3
Has liked: 4 times

Post by pappyy3 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:21 pm

I actually feel for the poster.

I've also experienced bad customer service on charters around Victoria. Some have been arrogant bloody D**s as far as I'm concerned.

Have been on charters in NSW and I think the some of the Vic Charter guys can learn a lesson or two regarding how to treat a customer from their NSW cousins ;)

Just talking from personal experience ...........

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 pm

pappyy3 wrote:I actually feel for the poster.

I've also experienced bad customer service on charters around Victoria. Some have been arrogant bloody D**s as far as I'm concerned.

Have been on charters in NSW and I think the some of the Vic Charter guys can learn a lesson or two regarding how to treat a customer from their NSW cousins ;)

Just talking from personal experience ...........
Very true, but IMO this post should not be about name dropping and dobbing... thats what google and true-local and places like that are...
I DO NOT KNOW any of these operators, but in the devils advocate, we all have bad days!
better to walk away than plant a bomb and not be there for the out come..
yes i could be very wrong, but this is the way some people have chosen to support their families, yes and agree 100% if its true how they were treated, one has full rights to handle it, and let them know via talking to them, or email or phone text..

ok ranty sook over and out... :a_goodjob: :super:
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Everyone has the right to post in this forum whether they are a first time poster or been on for years. What does concern me is he never posted about the first time he went out and had a great time or even the second time when it wasn't as good. Personally I only have a tinny so going out in PPB or Westernport makes it hard if I ever wanted to catch a snapper or gummy and it would be easier after fuel & ramp fees just to go on a charter so that's where this forum is gold because people can say it like it is No bias, but like I said for someone to come on here just to have a rant and not contribute any other time then I personally would ignore what they have to say. My 2 cents :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Having been out with Shaun 5-6 times on big time, think big and out on guide this certainly contradicts what I have experienced. Admittedly I haven't been out with him for a couple of years now but I would be surprised if his customer service has diminished so far in a short amount of time. I always found him to be a wealth of knowledge and would go above and beyond to share his knowledge.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:46 pm

purple5ive wrote:that sucks

i have been on another one where we tried for quite a long time for gummies and only caught a banjo, that poor banjo got bashed repeatedly and thrown back in the water by the skipper, while the deckie was drinking bourbon and coke flattenig the cans and throwing it overboard.
i wont name them but they are a very reputable business as well
i felt very sad when he bashed the banjo for no reason, could have just let it go, rather than take your frustration out on it.
That's absolutely poor form Steve and although it would do no good to name them here i would hate to book them for a charter without realizing that it was them. Some people you just gotta stay away from
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”