Think Big charter review

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Treyball

Re: Think Big charter review

Post by Treyball » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 am

I took my family on Shaun's charter last weekend and I couldn't fault anything he did.. The knowledge he had to share was second to none and he definitely put us on the fish with a bag of squid (40) in just over and hour and a nice bag of tings (40).. Sad to hear you had such a bad experience but we all have our off days and you can't win them all.

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:34 am

If a member has had a bad experience so be it...let them express their view/experience and tell everyone exactly what he thought of it. There is no need to go against a member's review and say you shouldn't be naming names, you shouldn't be bad mouthing him behind his back etc. This is a forum for everyone to communicate there winnings and there loses and to give each of us a heads up about what is going on in the fishing world.

Therefore i say thank you for passing on your experience about Think Big Charters and hopefully you have a better experience in the future.

slinga

Post by slinga » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:28 pm

What a load of ****!!

Have known Shaun personally for years, chartered with him/deckied/speak to him regularly. Never will you find a skipper like him who goes to the lengths he does. He taught me how to fish. Still gives me advice to this day even though I am no longer a paying customer of his.

This in Aust for 5 days only person from Manilla hasn't done 3 trips at all, just one. With the person who booked it having been on two other charters with Shaun prior.

This same person who booked these charters was told by Shaun via txt at 10pm the eve before and again at 5am the morning of charter that with 20kn winds it'll be too rough to fish effectively.

Yet this client insisted adding that he had three persons in total ready to go.

They arrived an hour and a half late, caught a reasonable bag of squid in hard conditions then expected me to drop the person who created this post originally onto the jetty at St Leonard's during 25kn winds...I think the boat ride back to the Marina was indeed the safest option.

The Coota craft was not nearly swallowed by the sea as you put it, more so it rode like a mustang across the washes.

Remember Mr, you were full of appraisal for Shauns driving skills when we arrived back at the Marina & were more than happy with the squid you took home.

Yet felt compelled to post on two Facebook posts on the think big page before going the distance & creating an account here & adding your comments here as a first post.

Just keep it real & honest when dragging someone's Arse through a mudslide.

Oh and remember that your friend Edmund who booked the boat actually never contacted me about this trip at all..doesn't hurt to tell the truth,

But then again as a housing land sale person. I'm sure you're pretty cunning & will go what's required to land a house or property sale.

More than happy to talk further privately rather than spraying gossip here thank you'

Good riddance...

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:50 pm

slinga wrote:What a load of sh*t!!

Have known Shaun personally for years, chartered with him/deckied/speak to him regularly. Never will you find a skipper like him who goes to the lengths he does. He taught me how to fish. Still gives me advice to this day even though I am no longer a paying customer of his.

This in Aust for 5 days only person from Manilla hasn't done 3 trips at all, just one. With the person who booked it having been on two other charters with Shaun prior.

This same person who booked these charters was told by Shaun via txt at 10pm the eve before and again at 5am the morning of charter that with 20kn winds it'll be too rough to fish effectively.

Yet this client insisted adding that he had three persons in total ready to go.

They arrived an hour and a half late, caught a reasonable bag of squid in hard conditions then expected me to drop the person who created this post originally onto the jetty at St Leonard's during 25kn winds...I think the boat ride back to the Marina was indeed the safest option.

The Coota craft was not nearly swallowed by the sea as you put it, more so it rode like a mustang across the washes.

Remember Mr, you were full of appraisal for Shauns driving skills when we arrived back at the Marina & were more than happy with the squid you took home.

Yet felt compelled to post on two Facebook posts on the think big page before going the distance & creating an account here & adding your comments here as a first post.

Just keep it real & honest when dragging someone's Arse through a mudslide.

Oh and remember that your friend Edmund who booked the boat actually never contacted me about this trip at all..doesn't hurt to tell the truth,

But then again as a housing land sale person. I'm sure you're pretty cunning & will go what's required to land a house or property sale.

More than happy to talk further privately rather than spraying gossip here thank you'

Good riddance...
Where you the boat the same day man?
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Was waiting for Shaun's reply on this one. Cheers mick

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm

ducky wrote:Was waiting for Shaun's reply on this one. Cheers mick
X 2.
It's nice to hear some facts!

Although in all fairness, unless you're very naive, a 1st time poster bagging a company/fella to this degree has f/a credability anyways.

Brett

Post by Brett » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Maybe Shaun could actually reply, instead of getting Mick to copy and paste?

Think it's almost time to lock this one up.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Glad Slinga has come back with the other side of the story. Personally I don't know and have not met Shaun yet or have taken a trip in his charter but it's good of Cobby and Slinga to put Shaun side of the story in his defence.

At the end of the day, Shaun is very much similar to you and I - we all try to make a living to look after our family. I am always encourage to tell the truth so others will be warned but it is a low act to throw muds at someone with intention to destroy his reputation and livelihood. Karma is a wonderful thing - you shall get what you dish out to others in the end.

I will be the first to put my hand up and say i will definitely consider Think Big Charter runs by Shaun the next time i plan to book some places for the family. Why?? Because no one or any business should be destroyed by mudslinging lies from others - Shaun wouldn't be still running the charter business if what the original poster have said has any truth to it. Slinga and Cobby just confirm my initial opinion.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Brett wrote:Think it's almost time to lock this one up.
Go ahead lock it up Brett, as this thread should never have been published to begin with!

It makes me wonder why profiles are still active after a month if they are non-contributers. This is a "forum" afterall...

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:07 pm

So Umm... Skepticism wins again?

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”