Think Big charter review

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
tkl86

Think Big charter review

Post by tkl86 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:52 am

Hi to all, I recently fished on Think Big charter and I find the captain of this boat is a lose cannon due to one line got tangled up with another line when we were jigging for squids(easy to untangle kinda thing) . Slammed his knife on the bait cutting board, called us idiots & vulgar words started flying out from his mouth.

Is not the first time this had happened, the similar issue happen because I did not strike fast enough. The mood for both outing instantly gone bad, a fair chance was given the first time this happen but after the second time this happen I will never ever use this rude and mood destroying service again. Who wanna pay for a service that get yelling rudely in return?

It's ok if we don't catch anything as long as we had a good try and good time trying. Further more paying $140 person is not a fair price compare to other charters. Fished on a $100 charter with a bag of fish to bring home and most importantly a big smile on everyone face.I wonder if anyone else had a similar experience to share?

dj_blk0ut

Re: Think Big charter review

Post by dj_blk0ut » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:01 am

What an idiot that sux big time we pay for the fishing experience and this what we get abused???Ive been with this charter once and never again paid good money in hoping to catch a feed of our own until the skipper and deckhand decided to bait up all the rods with 4 rods between them and fished the back of the boat catching the snapper while 6 of us anglers were left watching and had no choice but to fish off the side of the boat with nothing biting it was frustrating.My suggestion for the skipper and deckhand is to leave the fishing to us and if they wanted to fish do it at your own time and not at our expense!!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:51 am

Never been out with Shaun tbh, but found him quite amiable when we've spoken to him at the ramp. A few of the skippers seem pretty volatile, not gonna name names, but heard similar stories about several of them.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 am

That's a real sad story and no doubt would've left a foul taste in your mouth. Don't know his services personally but have heard of similar horror stories on different charter boats.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:22 am

that sucks
ive been out with Shaun and he was very helpfull to all on board and even gave us extra time out because we never landed a gummy.
did you have the same skipper, or was it someone else.
but having 2 bad trips with the same skipper would defenitely put me off for good

i have been on another one where we tried for quite a long time for gummies and only caught a banjo, that poor banjo got bashed repeatedly and thrown back in the water by the skipper, while the deckie was drinking bourbon and coke flattenig the cans and throwing it overboard.
i wont name them but they are a very reputable business as well
i felt very sad when he bashed the banjo for no reason, could have just let it go, rather than take your frustration out on it.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 am

A member for 2 years and only 1 post taking a pot shot at someone's business? Smells a little bit off...

Lecterfan

Post by Lecterfan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am

purple5ive wrote:that sucks

i have been on another one where we tried for quite a long time for gummies and only caught a banjo, that poor banjo got bashed repeatedly and thrown back in the water by the skipper, while the deckie was drinking bourbon and coke flattenig the cans and throwing it overboard.
i wont name them but they are a very reputable business as well
i felt very sad when he bashed the banjo for no reason, could have just let it go, rather than take your frustration out on it.
That sort of rubbish (pardon the pun) deserves naming, if not here, then to an authority of some sort. That is unacceptable.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:10 am

cobby wrote:A member for 2 years and only 1 post taking a pot shot at someone's business? Smells a little bit off...
I doubt someone would reg an account purely to knock a business in two years time. Even if they did, that kind of patience should be rewarded really.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:43 am

cobby wrote:A member for 2 years and only 1 post taking a pot shot at someone's business? Smells a little bit off...
X2.
Was thinking the same
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

4liters wrote:
I doubt someone would reg an account purely to knock a business in two years time. Even if they did, that kind of patience should be rewarded really.
Lol...

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”