Tooradin fishing charter

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Tooradin fishing charter

Post by Mustang38 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi Guys,
can any one help me with a fishing charter for the Tooradin area. My Uncle is down from Queensland and wants to go out this Saturday.
Cheers

drewb

Re: Tooradin fishing charter

Post by drewb » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 pm

I don't know of any that go out of Tooradin. You'd be better looking at Hastings or Stony Point.

Mustang38

Post by Mustang38 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Ok, any ideas for stony or Hastings. Any good or bad experiences

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:08 pm

I went out of Yaringa on reel time charters. Now it would be unfair of me to say I had a bad experience because we had a great time out on the water and the skipper seemed like a really nice genuine guy. Went on the charter with 5 family members, our partners organised it for all our birthdays. We waitied for snapper season in WPB and when I heard they where biting I booked it in. Had a fantastic day weather wise and good tides according to the skipper. There ended up being about 8-10 on the charter fished for 6 hours with 1 pinkie being caught, 2 whiting, 4 cowenyoung and about 8-10 banjos and eagle rays (that was between the 10 of us). I no that fishing is fishing and they don't call it catching but when fishing on a charter I assume like most other people you pay the money because your a greater chance of bringing home something to show the misses. I don't blame the charter/captain but it's fair to say I haven't and wont rebook with them again. To rub salt in our wounds we ended up going to the fishmongers and buying snapper fillets cause we'd organised a bbq for dinner with everyone hahaha!!

Mustang38

Post by Mustang38 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks mate,
anyone been out of hastings???

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:28 pm

If your up for the drive I would strongly recommend Matt Cini or Matt Hunt out of Patterson that's if their not out there looking for SBTs

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Stevieboy wrote:I went out of Yaringa on reel time charters. Now it would be unfair of me to say I had a bad experience because we had a great time out on the water and the skipper seemed like a really nice genuine guy. Went on the charter with 5 family members, our partners organised it for all our birthdays. We waitied for snapper season in WPB and when I heard they where biting I booked it in. Had a fantastic day weather wise and good tides according to the skipper. There ended up being about 8-10 on the charter fished for 6 hours with 1 pinkie being caught, 2 whiting, 4 cowenyoung and about 8-10 banjos and eagle rays (that was between the 10 of us). I no that fishing is fishing and they don't call it catching but when fishing on a charter I assume like most other people you pay the money because your a greater chance of bringing home something to show the misses. I don't blame the charter/captain but it's fair to say I haven't and wont rebook with them again. To rub salt in our wounds we ended up going to the fishmongers and buying snapper fillets cause we'd organised a bbq for dinner with everyone hahaha!!
its hard to make them bite but a good charter captain should be alble to produce a bag of flaties and whiting

Especially the whiting season we have had this year
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Stevieboy wrote:If your up for the drive I would strongly recommend Matt Cini or Matt Hunt out of Patterson that's if their not out there looking for SBTs
I think cini starts his SBT season on the 1st of May :)

Mustang38

Post by Mustang38 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks guys,
anyone done Ace fishing out of hastings

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Give Shaun at Think Big a call. He's been getting a few good Gummies plus Whiting lately. Might be a bit late to get a spot but worth a shot

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”