Saturdays Charter

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
tuna tube

Re: Saturdays Charter

Post by tuna tube » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:52 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
tuna tube wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:Mate I know how you feel.
I've been out on a charter from Mornington earlier this year and to say the skipper was useless would be a very polite understatement.
They were driving all over, didn't have burley and kept moving even when we had a few bites and were catching pinkies and I caught a small gummy 2cm short of legal size Bangg
From what you say, sounds like the bloke didn't give the spots a chance! And without using berley, he wasn't giving you guys a chance on the fish. As you have probably read in the werribee snapper posts, we berley hard! Give each spot at least an hour. The spots we fish consistently produce fish and it usually takes around 20 mins for the fish to get excited at nude ups spots. Anytime we try new areas, 1 hour min. I'd change charter operators. Cheers
Thanks Tuna,
Yeah I'm completely weaned off charters now. A couple of months ago we hired a boat from Warneet side through Groupon & had about 6 hours of fun. We made our own Berley. Worked out at $30 each, def worth it :thumbsup:
Otherwise I'm sticking to my LB hotspots that land me a better feed than charters.
Sounds like much more fun to me!! Cheers
Cheers
The Tube

Bodz

Post by Bodz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 pm

A friend and I have been on various charters over the years, Bermagui x3, Eden x1, Queenscliff x3, Portland x3 and PPB on sat, and honestly I don't know why we keep doing it, as they were all a disappointment except for the Eden trip.
Cheers Bodz.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Hire a boat or put up a thread saying you want to be a deckie ect
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Bodz wrote:A friend and I have been on various charters over the years, Bermagui x3, Eden x1, Queenscliff x3, Portland x3 and PPB on sat, and honestly I don't know why we keep doing it, as they were all a disappointment except for the Eden trip.
Cheers Bodz.
That's no good mate. But that's fishing!
Cheers
The Tube

Bodz

Post by Bodz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Yep, your right tune tube, that's fishing

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:54 pm

That's why they call it fishing and not catching! :rofl:
Cheers
The Tube

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Bodz wrote:Hello All,
Me and 4 other friends went on a PPB charter for an 8 Hr fish trip yesterday. Up early and at the Hotties ramp at 5:00 am. Operator tried a couple of spots with the 3rd spot producing only a few (Baby, well undersize) pinkies, Few more stops later and as hard as he tried we ended up with as, as I've noticed on this forum the term is "DONUTS" on the snapper. Had 1 run of something, but didn't make it to the boat. After 8 Hours fishing, all we ended up with was "less than a feed" of small flatties. Were not all that happy.
I have to say thats terrible on there behave.

Its the best snapper season for a few years imo...last year was good but this has been gold

The last ten trips ive done even a beginner should be catching fish

For a charter not to bag out is totally unexceptable. ...especially when you have bad cash.

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm

There's charters that offer fishing, and then there's charters that put you on the fish.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Exactly Brett. Can't promise a feed. But there's a few charters that will not only give you a great shot but will take the time to show you the ins and outs. Not just a cattle boat. Think big for one. Fruits is a great bloke.

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 pm

:thumbsup: x2 Think Big, small groups, quality fishing, top bloke. Have done enough fishless cattle-charters that are just after $$$ and I'll never touch another with a 10ft pole.

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”