Diawa TD Sol III

Marty.A

Diawa TD Sol III

Post by Marty.A » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello Gents

I haven't fished or posted for a long time due to my dad spending the last 9 weeks in hospital. I got a phone call today from Trellys in Laverton to say my new TD Sol III has arrived so I rushed in to pick it up asap :thumbsup: . The specs on the reel are great for its size as you can see in the pics and finally Diawa have come up with really lightweight reel. Hope to be giving it a good workout over the holidays as its been way too long since I have wet a line.
Attachments
IMAG1469.jpg
IMAG1466.jpg
IMAG1472 (2).jpg

Hosery

Re: Diawa TD Sol III

Post by Hosery » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

No good about the old man hopefully he is on the mend.
Nice looking reel. Diawa are always a nice reel. Now to go hook a few :fishing:

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Hosery wrote:No good about the old man hopefully he is on the mend.
Thanks mate :thumbsup: it will be a slow recovery but at least he's home for Xmas :super:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Marty.A wrote:
Hosery wrote:No good about the old man hopefully he is on the mend.
Thanks mate :thumbsup: it will be a slow recovery but at least he's home for Xmas :super:
Thats the main thing xmas all together

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Marty.A wrote:Hello Gents

I haven't fished or posted for a long time due to my dad spending the last 9 weeks in hospital. I got a phone call today from Trellys in Laverton to say my new TD Sol III has arrived so I rushed in to pick it up asap :thumbsup: . The specs on the reel are great for its size as you can see in the pics and finally Diawa have come up with really lightweight reel. Hope to be giving it a good workout over the holidays as its been way too long since I have wet a line.
Looks tiny or you just have big hands lol

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm

smile0784 wrote:

No id say my hands are normal size :rofl: but yeah originally I was going for the 2500 but after seeing how small they are in the store I opted for the 3000 which is only slightly bigger.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Nice. im yet to try one out, they are certainly smaller in size from the looks.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Marty.A wrote:
smile0784 wrote:

No id say my hands are normal size :rofl: but yeah originally I was going for the 2500 but after seeing how small they are in the store I opted for the 3000 which is only slightly bigger.
Looks about the same size as the stradic 2500 but has the spool capacity and max drag of the 4000.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:30 pm

purple5ive wrote:Nice. im yet to try one out, they are certainly smaller in size from the looks.
They are small mate I couldn't believe it when I first saw them in store and the 4000 is only slightly bigger than my 3000!!!
The new Exceler and Legalis reels also have the new LT ( Light Tough ) technology as well, seems all new Diawa reels will have it eventually. I mean 190g weight and 10kg of drag in a 3000 size reel is impressive, its small enough for lakes and rivers but can still handle some decent reds in the bay as well if you wanted to.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:33 pm

purple5ive wrote:Nice. im yet to try one out, they are certainly smaller in size from the looks.
I thought you would be the firat person to get the new diawa reel as soon as it comes out mate lol

Return to “Show us your purchases”