My PLB for trout fishing...

Fish-Hunter

Re: My PLB for trout fishing...

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:51 am

Good idea the PLB's, your wife has your best interests in mind.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 pm

That's right one doesn't need deep water to drown in, 2 - 3 inches is enough to drown in ... I'll certainly go and check out a PDF and one that will fit under my fishing vest.. and before the season starts too.. :-D

cheers & thanks guys your input & concern has been great and very much appreciated as always .. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

champion wife there Adrian! I take a hand held uhf & PLB with me on trips, even if I have a mate as well. Change from the 80's when I'd mark the map with the area I'd be fishing and leave it on the kitchen bench with a note if I hadn't made it home by the agreed time. When Im in the tinny, I have the EPIRB at arms length as well.

Here's hoping you never need to use the PLB and we have many more mepptas reports to enjoy! :a_goodjob:

On a side note, I went to a VFFA meet recently and they had Daniel Hackett as guest, speaking on the trout fishing in Tas, very impressive presentation and left us all salivating on the endless options of creeks, rivers and lakes to fish in the north.
quid est quod eum

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Adrian - Good to see you are being looked after so well by Pam / Maybe it is time to get a couple of part time fishing buddies who can fish with you on a rotational basis, not every trip but when it suits you / Safety First - Latest PFD, Self Inflating - If it only saves one life, and it is yours, it is well worth the Price.

Return to “Show us your purchases”