Show us your purchases!

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am
Has liked: 57 times
Likes received: 37 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Tim399 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi Dazz, I use the veevus thread I think I was using 150D, then I soak all the threads with clear nail polish to bond them and make them more durable



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am
Has liked: 57 times
Likes received: 37 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Tim399 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 pm
I couldn't find the right stuff, and that crinkled fibre you get looks awesome.
Gday bug, for the snatchers I used to buy the expensive stuff from fly fishing stores (about $12 per bunch of crystal flash) until I found bulk crystal flash cheap on eBay, and looks to be the exact same, although some of the packs may have some strands that are bent. I am assuming they are just the ones that didn’t pass quality control.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22-Colors-C ... ycOhhe8-bA

About $1 per pack (can tie about 12 hooks generously with one pack)

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Likes received: 31 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by dazz999 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:19 pm
Hi Dazz, I use the veevus thread I think I was using 150D, then I soak all the threads with clear nail polish to bond them and make them more durable
Tim thank,s for the reply yeah i use the Sally Hansen clear nail polish .Proper head cement is drug money where as good nail polish does the same thing

User avatar
Bugatti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 am
Has liked: 2067 times
Likes received: 462 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Bugatti » Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 pm
I couldn't find the right stuff, and that crinkled fibre you get looks awesome.
Gday bug, for the snatchers I used to buy the expensive stuff from fly fishing stores (about $12 per bunch of crystal flash) until I found bulk crystal flash cheap on eBay, and looks to be the exact same, although some of the packs may have some strands that are bent. I am assuming they are just the ones that didn’t pass quality control.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22-Colors-C ... ycOhhe8-bA

About $1 per pack (can tie about 12 hooks generously with one pack)
dazz999 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Yipee yipeeeeeee, thanks guys. Definitely going to expand my flasher hook range. Had a look, thanks for the links, going to try some of that lumo stuff too, but maybe just some strands with some other colours.

Have you guys tried the lumo strands.

Oh, I tried the twine and they do slide and having to re-super glue them in place AND the hook can't be snelled. I tie them like the Black Magic Snatchers, snelled with the strands. It is fiddly but worth the effort for me.

Cheers, again guys, I'm like a kid waiting for his Chrissie present :-D
The Bug

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am
Has liked: 57 times
Likes received: 37 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Tim399 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 am

:thumbsup: I haven’t tried the lumo strands, I didn’t see them when I bought my flash. Be sure to let us know if they make a difference though

rb85
Rank: Murray Cod
Rank: Murray Cod
Posts: 3036
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean
Has liked: 166 times
Likes received: 230 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by rb85 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:30 pm

AF9E1EC1-EEFA-4632-9F55-B55A6E2E39F4.jpeg
Also purchased a nomad dart wing the other day



Remove these ads.

Bayrock
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 am
Has liked: 26 times
Likes received: 25 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Bayrock » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Nice one above..

Getting ready for my trip..

Image

Image

Image

rb85
Rank: Murray Cod
Rank: Murray Cod
Posts: 3036
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean
Has liked: 166 times
Likes received: 230 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by rb85 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Whats that going to tussle with bayrock.

User avatar
Bugatti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 am
Has liked: 2067 times
Likes received: 462 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Also purchased a nomad dart wing the other day
Hey , , , , hey , , , , what are you guys doing , , , , with all this exposure, you guys may convert me from bait to , , , , lures :o_0:

I mean, I can tell that there's a Cranka Crab in that mix Mr rb

I can't tell what the other ones are, they just look like sticks , , , , hold the phone , , , , they're stickbaits , , , , oh no , , , , the metamorphism has begun :P

Nice pile of goodies there rb

Cheers, The Bug

rb85
Rank: Murray Cod
Rank: Murray Cod
Posts: 3036
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean
Has liked: 166 times
Likes received: 230 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by rb85 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Also purchased a nomad dart wing the other day
Hey , , , , hey , , , , what are you guys doing , , , , with all this exposure, you guys may convert me from bait to , , , , lures :o_0:

I mean, I can tell that there's a Cranka Crab in that mix Mr rb

I can't tell what the other ones are, they just look like sticks , , , , hold the phone , , , , they're stickbaits , , , , oh no , , , , the metamorphism has begun :P

Nice pile of goodies there rb

Cheers, The Bug
Bug think you better buy a couple and get out there mate. I'm neither bait or lure swinging voter.



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “Show us your purchases”