Show us your purchases!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by davek » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Nice lures, I'll give you another to pursue, Kristy H from the Lendi ad, cheers davo :a_goodjob:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 pm

April Fool wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:08 pm
A local tacklestore salesperson asked me a couple weeks ago if I wanted a couple Doof Doc (cod food spelt backwards) lures. They don't sell them there but he is good friends with the guy that makes them...the lures had been made for someone else who couldn't pick them up. The lures will likely not be that well known on this forum but I know they are hard to come by so I snapped them up! A one-piece and three-piece surface paddler.
Doof Doc.JPG
The only way I will curb my expenditure is by finding a woman!!!
cheers
Team Bender
Unsure if I am going to pursue the Trivago ad chick...or the hot detective chick from the Budget Direct insurance ad...or Jane Bunn...or go for broke and chase both the Travel Guide twins...or all of the above!!!
so you think finding a women will save you money?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:44 pm

jedgpz wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 pm
April Fool wrote:
A local tacklestore salesperson asked me a couple weeks ago if I wanted a couple Doof Doc (cod food spelt backwards) lures. They don't sell them there but he is good friends with the guy that makes them...the lures had been made for someone else who couldn't pick them up. The lures will likely not be that well known on this forum but I know they are hard to come by so I snapped them up! A one-piece and three-piece surface paddler.
Doof Doc.JPG
cheers
Team Bender
Unsure if I am going to pursue the Trivago ad chick...or the hot detective chick from the Budget Direct insurance ad...or Jane Bunn...or go for broke and chase both the Travel Guide twins...or all of the above!!!
so you think finding a women will save you money?
99 times out of 100 they make you spend more money. And none of that is on fishing

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 am

April Fool wrote:
Doof Doc.JPG
cheers
Team Bender
"Trivago ad chick" :rofl: i like her.
What about the Toyota or Ford ad chick?
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am

As some of you may know, I had right wind Daiwa T3 (sold). Got that reel 6 years ago and Daiwa doesn't make them anymore. Great reel. Most reels in $200-$300 nowadays feel plastic-y.

With a help from someone on this forum (you know it's you), found the exact same reel and model in the left hand at clearance price at Trellys Shepparton, got them to send to Laverton and I picked it yesterday. From $399 rrp back in the day, got to clearance price st $249 and struck the deal at $230.

Other good reel at this price at the moment is Curado K, but I'd rather have this T3.
Attachments
rps20190417_191444.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am

Seb85 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am
As some of you may know, I had right wind Daiwa T3 (sold). Got that reel 6 years ago and Daiwa doesn't make them anymore. Great reel. Most reels in $200-$300 nowadays feel plastic-y.

With a help from someone on this forum (you know it's you), found the exact same reel and model in the left hand at clearance price at Trellys Shepparton, got them to send to Laverton and I picked it yesterday. From $399 rrp back in the day, got to clearance price st $249 and struck the deal at $230.

Other good reel at this price at the moment is Curado K, but I'd rather have this T3.
There can only be one cool cat that shops there :-D

Good Buy, not that i know anything about Baitcasters, but because its a daiwa ;-)

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:11 am

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am

Sparkles must have been on day leave from the pound!

The 'clearance' table has been active at Trellys for several months now with just a few items left. When it first appeared I went in with intentions of buying nothing and walked out with a previous model 2500 Caldia for $150.

Seb...do you go to Trelly's in Laverton much? I guess Trelly's pricing is consistent across the four stores. Marked prices can be expensive but they look after their regulars and are competitive in price matching. To be honest, the amount of money I have spent their warrants the stores to be called 'Jim's'!!!!

Also Seb, you do realise I have handled your reel and therefore it is contaminated with donut germs. Last but not least , I can't picture the Toyota chick so she hasn't left an impression. The Ford chick...she cut her hair a while ago and lost me then.
Cheers
Team Bender
Has strict standards.

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

April Fool wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:11 am
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am

Sparkles must have been on day leave from the pound!

The 'clearance' table has been active at Trellys for several months now with just a few items left. When it first appeared I went in with intentions of buying nothing and walked out with a previous model 2500 Caldia for $150.

Seb...do you go to Trelly's in Laverton much? I guess Trelly's pricing is consistent across the four stores. Marked prices can be expensive but they look after their regulars and are competitive in price matching. To be honest, the amount of money I have spent their warrants the stores to be called 'Jim's'!!!!

Also Seb, you do realise I have handled your reel and therefore it is contaminated with donut germs. Last but not least , I can't picture the Toyota chick so she hasn't left an impression. The Ford chick...she cut her hair a while ago and lost me then.
Cheers
Team Bender
Has strict standards.
Geez Bender I am surprised that there isn't a Jim's Fishing already They are everywhere else.
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

AzCoy7
Has liked: 2 times

Post by AzCoy7 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 am

I like the reel, nice colour

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

Seb85 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am

Nice purchase for a nice price :thumbsup:

Return to “Show us your purchases”