Show us your purchases!

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by scott__henning » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

In my quest to replace my piles of gear with fewer, quality outfits, I picked up these two bad boys today:

Shimano Sustain 3000
12.jpg
Shimano Twinpower 3000
11.jpg
The real problem with starting to use higher end gear is that its very difficult going back to more budget combos.

These reels are absolutely amazing to use!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 pm

scott__henning wrote:In my quest to replace my piles of gear with fewer, quality outfits, I picked up these two bad boys today:

Shimano Sustain 3000
12.jpg
Shimano Twinpower 3000
11.jpg
The real problem with starting to use higher end gear is that its very difficult going back to more budget combos.

God damn these first world problems lmao I completely agree though! Not looking forward to paying for the next few upgrades I’m in the market for a swimbait rod n will need a reel to pair -.- $$

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:02 pm

scott__henning wrote:In my quest to replace my piles of gear with fewer, quality outfits, I picked up these two bad boys today:

Shimano Sustain 3000
12.jpg
Shimano Twinpower 3000
11.jpg

Was thinking the same thing when I picked up my little blokes Catana Combo on the weekend....feels like everything is loose or something. Never really noticed a difference when I stepped up in quality, but certainly noticed a difference going back down!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm

hahahahahahaha
well its game over now....
enjoy the new stuff, the expensive gear does certainly feel a lot nicer to use

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Shimano Sustain 3000
12.jpg
Shimano Twinpower 3000
11.jpg

Nice :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Shimano Sustain 3000
12.jpg
Shimano Twinpower 3000
11.jpg

Lol if thats the biggest problem you have. Your doing better then most of us lol

Nice combo tho

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm

I just picked up this Okuma Celilo Ultra light 6'6'' spin rod from Amazon USA as a spare rod (not that I really need another trout rod).. really surprised of the quality of it too so have set it up with one of my used Okuma 15 VSytem reels.. Will give it a workout once the trout season opens.. had to order it from Amazon Australia (then it's sent from the USA) because of the GST on overseas good, Amazon USA wont take orders direct from here anymore.. Still got it for $51-00 delivered to Tassie. well balanced set up with the small reel too, feels really comfortable in hand.

cheers
Adrian
Okuma Celilo ULS rod. 6490 (Medium).JPG
Okuma Celilo
6'6'' Okuma Celilo ULS rod..jpg
6'6'' Okuma ULS.
6'6'' Okuma Celilo ULS rod..jpg (6.44 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Okuma Celilo Graphite Lightweight Ultra Light Trout Rod.jpg
Cork butt etc which I like too..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:32 pm

meppstas wrote:I just picked up this Okuma Celilo Ultra light 6'6'' spin rod from Amazon USA as a spare rod (not that I really need another trout rod).. really surprised of the quality of it too so have set it up with one of my used Okuma 15 VSytem reels.. Will give it a workout once the trout season opens.. had to order it from Amazon Australia (then it's sent from the USA) because of the GST on overseas good, Amazon USA wont take orders direct from here anymore.. Still got it for $51-00 delivered to Tassie. well balanced set up with the small reel too, feels really comfortable in hand.

cheers
Adrian
Looks good Adrian.
Not long now till the new season starts so you can test it out? :P

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

meppstas wrote:I just picked up this Okuma Celilo Ultra light 6'6'' spin rod from Amazon USA as a spare rod (not that I really need another trout rod).. really surprised of the quality of it too so have set it up with one of my used Okuma 15 VSytem reels.. Will give it a workout once the trout season opens.. had to order it from Amazon Australia (then it's sent from the USA) because of the GST on overseas good, Amazon USA wont take orders direct from here anymore.. Still got it for $51-00 delivered to Tassie. well balanced set up with the small reel too, feels really comfortable in hand.

cheers
Adrian
Very nice mate

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm

18 days and counting LX,, :thumbsup: when the day comes it will probably be like it is today blowing a gale & raining it's guts out.. :down:
That's what it was like a the start of last season... still I'll wait and see, may even have to drown a worm for a change too.. :water:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Show us your purchases”