Show us your purchases!

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Basti wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
Basti wrote:that'll do the job mate, but you can fit more braid on that reel
Yeah the guy who spooled it (mono backing) said he had done it really tight and it should come out a bit once it's been cast a few times.

In other words, he miscalculated the amount of mono backing required.
haha this is why i spool my reels myself. it's a lot of mucking around but atleast you have only yourself to blame :victory:
Haha yeah I was on the way to a fishing session so it was easier to have him do it / didn't have time for it to be re done. I'll get around to backing it properly some time soon!

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 am

Bad news for my physiotherapist... I finally found someone good and convenient to put an anchor winch in (Lone Star GX1) Thanks to Trumpeter for putting me onto John and the guys at Mainline Marine in Williamstown, really happy with their friendly & honest service.
Lone Star GX1.jpg

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

Fish-Hunter wrote:Dropped by Waynes Southern Sportfishing store this morning & picked up a Sienna 4000 & Aquatip rod for general purpose use e.g Bait collecting, Pinkies, Salmon etc, for when I don't want to take higher end stuff etc on my fishing outing.

For a budget reel they look really nice the new siennas. I thought you had a lot of gear before this spending spree...your shelves must be exploding now :-D . Any updated shots of the collection?

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 am

^^

I agree the Shimano Sienna reels are a great reel when considering their price point.

The pics of the huge amount of fishing reels were reels I owned over the last 10 Yrs, notice some pics had dates of 2015 or older. I have flipped 97% of those reels in the pics either on eBay or to family+ friends, my current amount of total reels is approx a dozen, I no longer want or feel the need to hoard fishing reels like I once used to do, holding onto reels for sentimental reasons e.g this reel caught this big 8kg Snapper etc.

That's why I asked in my thread, can you own too many?

I only just sold off on eBay 12 of my Alvey's reels in the past 24hrs, they sold off at full retail in less than 24hrs :o_0: there's a huge demand for them, I am just keeping a minimal amount of reels these days.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am

Fish-Hunter wrote:^^

I agree the Shimano Sienna reels are a great reel when considering their price point.

The pics of the huge amount of fishing reels were reels I owned over the last 10 Yrs, notice some pics had dates of 2015 or older. I have flipped 97% of those reels in the pics either on eBay or to family+ friends, my current amount of total reels is approx a dozen, I no longer want or feel the need to hoard fishing reels like I once used to do, holding onto reels for sentimental reasons e.g this reel caught this big 8kg Snapper etc.

That's why I asked in my thread, can you own too many?

I only just sold off on eBay 12 of my Alvey's reels in the past 24hrs, they sold off at full retail in less than 24hrs :o_0: there's a huge demand for them, I am just keeping a minimal amount of reels these days.
I've been watching ebay since the Alvey announcement of closing down, the sales have been rising at a constant rate to the point of a buying frenzy for good to new reels, looks like everyone wants a slice of history.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am

Mattblack wrote:Bad news for my physiotherapist... I finally found someone good and convenient to put an anchor winch in (Lone Star GX1) Thanks to Trumpeter for putting me onto John and the guys at Mainline Marine in Williamstown, really happy with their friendly & honest service.
Lone Star GX1.jpg
Nice purchase mate :thumbsup:

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Good purchase, looks great. Just arrived back with one also.
Gx4
Attachments
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG (96.31 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Stewy wrote:Good purchase, looks great. Just arrived back with one also.
Gx4
Did you buy that for the Queen Mary?!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Stewy wrote:Good purchase, looks great. Just arrived back with one also.
Gx4
Did you buy that for the Queen Mary?!

Lol...its a ripper winch

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Queen and king :a_goodjob:
In the middle of 3 & 4 and went with the larger box. Heavy sucker .

Return to “Show us your purchases”