Show us your purchases!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by ducky » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm not an expert on the topic by any stretch but ally trailers are bolted together rather than welded. These bolts need to be checked every so often and aluminium is more prone to fracturing etc. but on the flip side you have a much lighter trailer that isn't going to rust out. Pros and cons to both. I chose the cheaper option (wasn't that bloody cheap with all the options I ticked though haha)

Yeah. Nudeup have started collecting items in prep. Picked up a snatch strap kit with a winch extension. So can retrieve the trailer from 30m away with 4.5ton rated gear if need be.

Also grabbed an adjustable height tow hitch to get the angle of the trailer dead flat.

Next purchase will probably need to be some all terrains and a compressor. Will probably get that in the spring in prep for the summer season.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 08, 2017 3:36 pm

ducky wrote:I'm not an expert on the topic by any stretch but ally trailers are bolted together rather than welded. These bolts need to be checked every so often and aluminium is more prone to fracturing etc. but on the flip side you have a much lighter trailer that isn't going to rust out. Pros and cons to both. I chose the cheaper option (wasn't that bloody cheap with all the options I ticked though haha)

Yeah. Nudeup have started collecting items in prep. Picked up a snatch strap kit with a winch extension. So can retrieve the trailer from 30m away with 4.5ton rated gear if need be.

Also grabbed an adjustable height tow hitch to get the angle of the trailer dead flat.

Next purchase will probably need to be some all terrains and a compressor. Will probably get that in the spring in prep for the summer season.
yes im no expert either just going off what ive seen on the net and ofcourse the guy who made the trailer.
i wanted weight saving which was one of the main reasons i went with an alloy one.
mine is fully welded though, only part thats bolted on is the axle and tongue, time will tell i guess.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu May 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Some cheapo HBs from BCF at $2.40 each. Have had some success on the cheap brands in the past and the volume of fishing I do (+being a tight ass) I can't justify the $15+ usual price range - so a sucker for cheap HBs.

Hopefully will give them a shot in the Yarra this weekend.
DSC_1549.JPG

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Some cheapo HBs from BCF at $2.40 each. Have had some success on the cheap brands in the past and the volume of fishing I do (+being a tight ass) I can't justify the $15+ usual price range - so a sucker for cheap HBs.

DSC_1549.JPG
Bargain

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu May 18, 2017 6:04 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Some cheapo HBs from BCF at $2.40 each. Have had some success on the cheap brands in the past and the volume of fishing I do (+being a tight ass) I can't justify the $15+ usual price range - so a sucker for cheap HBs.

DSC_1549.JPG
Nice purchase.
Good luck with them this weekend :thumbsup:

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Great bargain. Nothing wrong with those hard body lures.

Joe

Redzia90

Post by Redzia90 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 pm

BCF mentone have got shimano tcurve TK3g spin rods on sale at $189 . Picked myself one up today

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 am

Redzia90 wrote:BCF mentone have got shimano tcurve TK3g spin rods on sale at $189 . Picked myself one up today
Ripper rod I bought a pair last year from trellys in geelong

Redzia90

Post by Redzia90 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Nude up wrote:
Redzia90 wrote:BCF mentone have got shimano tcurve TK3g spin rods on sale at $189 . Picked myself one up today
Ripper rod I bought a pair last year from trellys in geelong
Cheers mate cant wait to christen it this weekend

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Small restock of lures and a bit of dental floss to tie them on to.
IMG_3897.JPG

Return to “Show us your purchases”