Wtb shimano sephia 01T

Rod Bender

Re: Wtb shimano sephia 01T

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:18 pm

cobby wrote:In my tackle box... Haven't seen one in a store for a while though. All gone I'd say.

It's a specific wanted to buy thread. It's not a thread to carry on about all this and that isn't needed blah blah b******* opinionated argument that's been done to death.
You can catch the stupid bloody things on a handline very easily, why are you even carrying on about using a rod?
Whys there hundreds of different car makes and models? We don't need them all. We all drive on the same sh*t roads with the same somewhat ultra conservative speed limits...
Anyone can fish the bays from a tinny so why have these flash $100k boats going around?
Why even have rods and reels for **** sake when you only need a spear or handline at most?
Get the **** over it. Some people like to have absolutely every advantage possible. You don't and no one but yourself gives two sh*ts about it

What was the price of a crap razorback in the 90s? About $7 or something? $20 for a Shimano, Yamashita etc. these days accounting for inflation etc. doesn't look so bloody bad now does it?
The extended version of what I meant in my last post! I do miss your footy rants cobby, but this will suffice! :)
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
cobby wrote:In my tackle box... Haven't seen one in a store for a while though. All gone I'd say.

It's a specific wanted to buy thread. It's not a thread to carry on about all this and that isn't needed blah blah b******* opinionated argument that's been done to death.
You can catch the stupid bloody things on a handline very easily, why are you even carrying on about using a rod?
Whys there hundreds of different car makes and models? We don't need them all. We all drive on the same sh*t roads with the same somewhat ultra conservative speed limits...
Anyone can fish the bays from a tinny so why have these flash $100k boats going around?
Why even have rods and reels for **** sake when you only need a spear or handline at most?
Get the **** over it. Some people like to have absolutely every advantage possible. You don't and no one but yourself gives two sh*ts about it

What was the price of a crap razorback in the 90s? About $7 or something? $20 for a Shimano, Yamashita etc. these days accounting for inflation etc. doesn't look so bloody bad now does it?
The extended version of what I meant in my last post! I do miss your footy rants cobby, but this will suffice! :)
cheers
Jim
Point taken and accepted but I can't go around believing that there are gun squid fisherman :a_goodjob:

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Sorry to upset you fish sniper with my want of a single colour of a particular jig that I have been looking for for 2 years and have only just found its colour code.

A mate has 1 of them left and it is without a doubt the best jig we have used in westernport and it's fair to say we've used a lot. The sheer amount of squid it accounts for just sitting under a float has to be seen to be believed.

I used to buy 1 of everything. These days I have what I like and I keep a couple in reserve. I'd much rather take out 4 good colours than a tackle bag with 40 jigs.

I will do the Japan scour. The particular colour certainly isn't in any of the Vic stores I've been in.

But don't worry fishsniper. I'm just a fool for the marketing.

ducky

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Fishsniper wrote:Ducky, I love your passion for fishing but to go to such lengths for a jig is a little bit concerning, there comes a time when you have to realise that there is a little bit of propaganda when it comes to squid jigs, don't let marketing fool you too much, you can get just as good quality jigs for a quarter of the price
The sephia jigs are the best prices on the market at around $14each.
Fishsniper wrote: I don't have a problem with people buying stuff but it seems you now have more equipment than fish you have actually caught
This may come as a shock, but I am not happy catching the one species over and over and over ad nauseam. I get bored once my target has been achieved and I move on to something else. My career choice leaves me in a position where I have a relatively good disposable income but very little time to actually fish. So when I get a chance to fish I don't want to use 2nd or 3rd tier **** I want to use the best I can get my hands on. That's my prerogative and my business and simply put I literally could not give two ***** what you think.
Last edited by ducky on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Can you post a pic of the jig in question? Guessing it is not listed on the Shimano website and I would not know one if i tripped over it. Our local TW has them and this may be location where it may show up...in a country tackle store where some person has ordered it in years ago and they have just sat on the wall! Sorry but there is no way I am going to remember the color number when I'm in Trelly's next.
Also, can we just all get along despite different opinions!
cheers
Jim

Edit. I assume it was available here at one time?
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Not to state the blooming obvious. But did you ask rui or any good shop whether they can order it in for you from japan?

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:51 pm

ducky wrote:Sorry to upset you fish sniper with my want of a single colour of a particular jig that I have been looking for for 2 years and have only just found its colour code.

A mate has 1 of them left and it is without a doubt the best jig we have used in westernport and it's fair to say we've used a lot. The sheer amount of squid it accounts for just sitting under a float has to be seen to be believed.

I used to buy 1 of everything. These days I have what I like and I keep a couple in reserve. I'd much rather take out 4 good colours than a tackle bag with 40 jigs.

I will do the Japan scour. The particular colour certainly isn't in any of the Vic stores I've been in.

But don't worry fishsniper. I'm just a fool for the marketing.
All good mate, I get a bit worked up over squid jigs but don't worry I am just as guilty as you when it comes to fishing tackle :a_goodjob:

ducky

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I told you it was old haha. Very very faded.

Yes I have asked Rui.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:19 pm

I'll have a look my local tackle shops.
Unlikely but ya never know.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ducky

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Haha. Sometimes I think I'm actually semi retarded. The Google image search that brought up that jig actually links to an Italian ebay page which sell the jigs for $11us and post to Australia...

What an idiot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-TOTANAR ... 1200716733
Last edited by ducky on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Show us your purchases”