Surf spin

Pelican

Surf spin

Post by Pelican » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi all just picked up this combo to throw some lures in the surf, under $200 with some fire line to load it up with, got it from bcf not to sure if it's a good deal or not. I'm very new to throwing lures in the surf, any tips would be appreciated,iv lost a few going for the King Kong of all casts and wrapping my finger or looping around the front guides and sending the lure flying into the sunset. How far should I be able to cast? Is it just a matter of slowing down and some technique. Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Surf spin

Post by bowl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Diawa ..can't go wrong ..is it 9.foot ? What reel is oni.it...yeah like most things practice makes perfect..
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:28 pm

I'll give the usual advice. The salmon will be exactly where ever they damn well want. Pick any beach, cast, walk, cast, walk, cast, walk until you find them, when you find them release ASAP and get your lure back inthe water. The school will be mobile and won't hang around forever, so get in while it's good. If you go a dozen or so casts without getting a fish it's time to keep walking.

You cannot possibly retrieve faster than a salmon will chase, so crank that bad boy in.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Pelican

Post by Pelican » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 pm

bowl wrote:Diawa ..can't go wrong ..is it 9.foot ? What reel is oni.it...yeah like most things practice makes perfect..
Hi bowl yeah it's 9 ft the reel came with it as a combo it's a diawa air d 4000

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Get yourself down to the local rec reserve and play to your hearts content..then hit the surf. Depending on where you live, get yourself down to one of our meets, any weekend with a northerly or nor Easter will see some of us down there..

Pelican

Post by Pelican » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 pm

CarlG wrote:Get yourself down to the local rec reserve and play to your hearts content..then hit the surf. Depending on where you live, get yourself down to one of our meets, any weekend with a northerly or nor Easter will see some of us down there..
Thanks carlg I'm in torquay so iv had a few sessions down at jan juc, had a hour the other day with a few little ones and a nice big one to finish. Where do you guys have your meets?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Pelican wrote:
CarlG wrote:Get yourself down to the local rec reserve and play to your hearts content..then hit the surf. Depending on where you live, get yourself down to one of our meets, any weekend with a northerly or nor Easter will see some of us down there..
Thanks carlg I'm in torquay so iv had a few sessions down at jan juc, had a hour the other day with a few little ones and a nice big one to finish. Where do you guys have your meets?
hey torquay ~jan juc is closet surf beach for me...keep those report coming in..next time i head down for surf session ill let u know...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Pelican wrote:
Lol...think gunnamatta may be a bit far then...you're in a fantastic part of the world though mate.. :thumbsup:

Return to “Show us your purchases”