Stockyard Point

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Matt321

Stockyard Point

Post by Matt321 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Thought I would post and give a bit of info on my latest few trips. Hit up stockyard a couple of times the past 2 weeks (4 to be exact) and been looking to target a few gummys. The first time was interesting as it was my first attempt at fishing the area so it took a while to figure out the place. The first trip was doughnuts unfortunately but a lot of good bites. The second trip we tried a new bait and fished right down to the low tide and ended up with success at a 71 cm gummy! :thumbsup: . The third session was unfortunately doughnuts again but we are heading down again tonight for a session on low tide and hopefully come back with a few good gummys!
Baits have been fresh salmon, yakkas and squid. Landed the only gummy on salmon!

Any tips on fishing the area would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

Longshot

Re: Stockyard Point

Post by Longshot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Be bloody careful with the soft sand and don't fish it alone would be my 2 biggest tips.
Also, try Banana Prawns, the gummies in that area hit crustaceans, and a peeled prawn tends to work wonders. take the head and tail off, peel it till u have almost a white sausage, then hook it round a 5/0-6/0 circle.

Matt321

Post by Matt321 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Cheers mate! Will give that a crack tonight and see how that goes! Yeah I agree, I always head out with a mate these days! Appreciate the help!

JustHooked

Post by JustHooked » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:51 pm

How do you get to stock yard point? Don't you have to use ferry?

Thanks
Last edited by JustHooked on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:06 pm

JustHooked wrote:How do you get to stock yard point? Don't you have to use ferry?

Thanks
If you don't have a boat, then you have to walk.

Travel down the Bass Highway until you see a sign pointing Jan Jerrup, travel along the road until you reach a T intersection, turn left until you reach a car park, then you have to walk about a kilometre.

The aim to is to get there a little bit before low tide, fish until the tide starts rising and then trudge all the way back.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Longshot wrote:Be bloody careful with the soft sand and don't fish it alone would be my 2 biggest tips.
Also, try Banana Prawns, the gummies in that area hit crustaceans, and a peeled prawn tends to work wonders. take the head and tail off, peel it till u have almost a white sausage, then hook it round a 5/0-6/0 circle.
As longshot said, and DON'T take short cuts when walking there.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

JustHooked

Post by JustHooked » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks a lot appreciated, will try and get down that way in the next week or so

Gaby

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Travel down the Bass Highway until you see a sign pointing Jan Jerrup,( Bay Rd ) travel along the road until you reach a T intersection, turn left until you reach a car park, then you have to walk about a kilometre.
Bay Rd is the second rd to the right after going under the Gippsland hwy over pass
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”