Quick WP report

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Quick WP report

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!
Definitely a fun day on the water! A few fish for the table is just a bonus.

What's the best way to cook salmon guys?
The only salmon I'll eat are those that are prepped correctly. Firstly they need to be bled upon capture. Then filleted and skinned. Remove the rib bones and any excess bloodlines. Then lathered in flour and cooked in a pan or on the bbq with plenty of oil. Much of the crappy taste with salmon comes from the blood and skin, similar with snapper. Give it a try one day and you may be surprised.
Do you bleed your snapper?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!

The only salmon I'll eat are those that are prepped correctly. Firstly they need to be bled upon capture. Then filleted and skinned. Remove the rib bones and any excess bloodlines. Then lathered in flour and cooked in a pan or on the bbq with plenty of oil. Much of the crappy taste with salmon comes from the blood and skin, similar with snapper. Give it a try one day and you may be surprised.
I've never done this and snapper taste fine to me lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Yep the first thing I do with sambos if I want to take them home for a feed is bleed them :)
Taste much better that way.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:37 pm

To add to snapper i always bleed as it hits the floor especially fish over 2kg they seem to hold a bit of blood
Then fillet and skin but never wash in fresh water
Taste is totally different treated this way and freezes much better

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Kimtown wrote:

Yes mate, snapper I do. It certainly helps, along with skinning the fillets. Try it one day and see for yourself mate as a comparison. It really does make a big difference I believe. I've never turned back since prepping nearly all fish in this way, freshwater or saltwater fish ;)

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 pm

fishnut wrote:To add to snapper i always bleed as it hits the floor especially fish over 2kg they seem to hold a bit of blood
Yes! Very very important....Saltwater fish should NEVER be washed in freshwater, unless you want a tasteless mushy mess. It's an unwritten law I reckon!

For those who enjoy a feed, you are doing yourself an evil injustice by not prepping your seafood platter in the best way possible. A little effort goes a long way.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Redhunter wrote:
fishnut wrote:To add to snapper i always bleed as it hits the floor especially fish over 2kg they seem to hold a bit of blood
Yes! Very very important....Saltwater fish should NEVER be washed in freshwater, unless you want a tasteless mushy mess. It's an unwritten law I reckon!

For those who enjoy a feed, you are doing yourself an evil injustice by not prepping your seafood platter in the best way possible. A little effort goes a long way.
I had the Salmon and it was actually really nice.. I was surprised. Better than snapper. I rinsed both under the tap too (fresh water)

I think you guys buy into old wives tails a little too much tbh

Edit: tales* ...tails lol

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Life's too short to eat salmon. Or tailor!

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:36 pm

I Gotta say I'm not a fan of snapper salmon mullet bream or tailor... Now gummy whiting flounder squid that's another story !
Last edited by hornet on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 am

Kimtown I think your targeting the wrong areas at that stage of the season mate. If your looking for big red that is. Stay woke and best of luck to all our fishing today.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”