Gummies still on fire

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Gummies still on fire

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:55 pm

G'day everyone,

Been a bit reluctant to make posts since my last one, thought i'd just include a few fish in the one report this time from my last few sessions over the recent weeks.

I've learnt quite a lot recently after putting in many hours over a period of time, just happy its paying off... I've managed to develop a bite time pattern in the two areas ive been fishing for them with the tides leading up to the full moon being the best, especially around last light and more than not each time i go out there i get onto some nice eaters or some decent models upward of 8kg, which for me is awesome considering i couldn't catch any at all 2 months ago. Also a lot of Seven Gillers coming through (some hate them some dont mind them), makes me cry when they bite you off as they roll on the surface.. good inline circles gone :down:

Also, if you have instagram it would be awesome if you could check out my profile, i post a lot and try to make the pictures the best they can be at the time :thumbsup: https://www.instagram.com/sammytripsfishing/

Yet to break my PB of 10kg yet, but pretty happy with the ones i've caught since, especially for up the top of the bay. For me i've found Fresh Slimey Mackeral the stand out bait along with Yakkas & Salmon if you can get it. I've just been using strips cut down the lateral line of the fillet on 2 7/0 hooks. Still can't get chunk baits to sit straight more than not, does my head in.

Here are some Photos from my last few trips out of Warneet:
Roughly 5.4kg long but skinny, released this one. Also the first male ive caught in the area which ive found odd..
-
3CDABAD5-6F1C-4F6A-96F5-4A18F9F9756A.jpeg
9.3kg
-
7FC91150-1D4E-4077-B415-2BAB30ADFFD6.jpeg
7.5kg
-
78D0FF75-0652-44E3-9AFA-FF07600B9DD8.jpeg
7.3kg
-
C3A65E0B-1440-4B83-8809-7BB5FDD905E8.jpeg
Couldn't manage to get any decent photos of this giller, caught two in my last two trips, as well as seeing a lot more barracouta around on bait collections.
-
F54CE5ED-06EB-4B97-8C95-2D0F52E6477B.jpeg
Cheers :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Gummies still on fire

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:09 pm

You have learnt quick mate.
Huge difference with your results from only a couple of months ago!
Nice report with some awesome pics! Well done. Some very nice sessions there.
Any luck with the big autumn reds?

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Lightningx wrote:You have learnt quick mate.

Cheers mate :cheers:

I'm starting the red hunt next week.. i've been addicted to these grey things :rofl:

The squid are really firing off Quail & Tyabb banks too. Plan to spend a couple hours squidding, then i'll go after some Reds. Don't want to miss out on the other fishing options whilst they are hot! Everything really seems to of come to life in the last month in WP, even the Whiting reports have got better.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:52 pm

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm

bowl wrote:
:thumbsup:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Good work mate! It feels good doesn't it!

Why have you been a bit reluctant to post since your last?

Cheers, Anth

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:50 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:G'day everyone,

Been a bit reluctant to make posts since my last one, thought i'd just include a few fish in the one report this time from my last few sessions over the recent weeks.

I've learnt quite a lot recently after putting in many hours over a period of time, just happy its paying off... I've managed to develop a bite time pattern in the two areas ive been fishing for them with the tides leading up to the full moon being the best, especially around last light and more than not each time i go out there i get onto some nice eaters or some decent models upward of 8kg, which for me is awesome considering i couldn't catch any at all 2 months ago. Also a lot of Seven Gillers coming through (some hate them some dont mind them), makes me cry when they bite you off as they roll on the surface.. good inline circles gone :down:

Also, if you have instagram it would be awesome if you could check out my profile, i post a lot and try to make the pictures the best they can be at the time :thumbsup: https://www.instagram.com/sammytripsfishing/

Yet to break my PB of 10kg yet, but pretty happy with the ones i've caught since, especially for up the top of the bay. For me i've found Fresh Slimey Mackeral the stand out bait along with Yakkas & Salmon if you can get it. I've just been using strips cut down the lateral line of the fillet on 2 7/0 hooks. Still can't get chunk baits to sit straight more than not, does my head in.

Roughly 5.4kg long but skinny, released this one. Also the first male ive caught in the area which ive found odd..
-
9.3kg
-
7.5kg
-
7.3kg
-
Couldn't manage to get any decent photos of this giller, caught two in my last two trips, as well as seeing a lot more barracouta around on bait collections.
-
Some great fish there

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Good work mate! It feels good doesn't it!

Why have you been a bit reluctant to post since your last?

Cheers, Anth

Cheers Anth. Didn’t really want to spam the forum with another post so soon. Might start doing more like these with numerous sessions included :thumbsup:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:07 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:G'day everyone,

-
9.3kg
-
7.5kg
-
7.3kg
-
-
Some great fish there

Cheers Smile

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:44 pm

might be time to do an instructional video!

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”