Gummies landbased in the afternoon down stockyard point?

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Gummies landbased in the afternoon down stockyard point?

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 am

Hey everyone, just wondering what the chances would be to get some gummy sharks in the afternoon, haven’t found much about them this year, stockyard point has a low tide at 1:33pm on Friday. Was gonna hit it up about then and then goto jam jerrup when high tide hits at 7:56pm and have a few hrs there as the tide comes in and after it hits dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve always tried for gummies but after 15years of wanting to catch one I’m still stuck with a donut after countless tries and research, guess because I don’t have a boat, if anyone has any other spots that are producing please let me know... :water: :(

Lajon

Re: Gummies landbased in the afternoon down stockyard point?

Post by Lajon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Welcome.
Unfortunately you just have to put in the hours in these types of spots. Like most of that area, they are proven gummy grounds but LB especially is hit and miss at best.
I would be getting to stockyard earlier than right on low tide though as you won’t get anymore than a couple of hours once the water is coming in. If you want to walk back to jam jurrup at 7:30 you’ll be swimming....

Good luck

P.S. don’t cut across to get to stockyard, stay high or be prepared to be waist deep in mud!

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Cheers for the advice, I’ve tried for hours and hours morning and night to no prevail (just my luck) but I can catch everything else but a gummy. I wasn’t stating that I’d be going down there at that time or heading back to jam jerrup at that time, just what times the tides would be, as I know to be there an hour or two before and then same after the tide change. I’am a bit worried about the grounds at stockyard and having no company wouldn’t be the best idea especially for a first timer down there, if something was to go wrong or trying to haul back a gummy, rods and tackle wouldn’t be easy, so I may just head down to jam jerrup or maybe Lang Lang about 5-6pm and set up there. Everything wind wise looks like it’s going to be calm, and the weather forecast isn’t really showing any rain beside a 20% chance late Friday night, only thing missing is a full moon. Cheers.

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Hit and miss like all spots. You need to put in the hours to work out the right conditions for consistency. The walk is terrible so don’t travel too heavy, and as mentioned above don’t cross through the middle for a shortcut there’s a video on YouTube of three blokes doing it, pretty funny :-D . Good luck

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Hit and miss like all spots. You need to put in the hours to work out the right conditions for consistency. The walk is terrible so don’t travel too heavy, and as mentioned above don’t cross through the middle for a shortcut there’s a video on YouTube of three blokes doing it, pretty funny :-D . Good luck
Yea seems to be a hit n miss thing, but I keep getting the miss part... just hoping the stars align and I’m able to pull one in... even if it’s undersized I’d still jump round like a mad man. Hoping when I goto lake entrance on labour weekend I’ll land one there this time, if not here before then. Fingers and toes crossed.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Damn 15 years without a gummy... I'd take up golf

Just kidding mate. It'll be all the more worth it when you do get one!

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Kimtown wrote:Damn 15 years without a gummy... I'd take up golf

Funny you say that coz I have just recently hahaha been on couple charters and had no luck.

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Kimtown wrote:Damn 15 years without a gummy... I'd take up golf

Have to say it’s been that long probably because I haven’t had much boat time due to not owning one or knowing anyone that does and having to go by yourself isn’t the best option (safety wise and company wise) when your trying to stay out at night, because don’t have any mates who are keen for fishing or only want to do river fishing.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:48 pm

If you can afford to play golf often enough then you can afford a boat.
Green fees and clubs are enough for a nice tinny to get u started. Flick the golf and flick on the fishing

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:If you can afford to play golf often enough then you can afford a boat.
Green fees and clubs are enough for a nice tinny to get u started. Flick the golf and flick on the fishing
Only started golf the past 3 months. Plus I haven’t had any houses where I was able to store a boat, and a few other factors that I won’t disclose over a forum.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”