Challenging Few weeks on the water.

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Challenging Few weeks on the water.

Post by CarlG » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm

cobby wrote:The better ground is closer to Mchaffies down that way. Only downside is due to the better ground, the swell does increase in that area often dramatically depending on tides.

But you bailed way to early. Key to consistency with Gummies (the bigger ones away from the shallow mud of Lang Lang area)is time and effort in one spot based on where you believe they'll swim through. Pick the spot and don't leave it until you're going home or for other species. The slow tides allowed atleast 2 hours either side of slack water in the western entrance. Slow tides could also see their movements slow down so not as many fish will pass through any given area so catch 22. Atleast some Whiting played ball in the end though
What he said.
The first paragraph I wholeheartedly agree with, my fave gummy spot in westernport is down that way.

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Challenging Few weeks on the water.

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 pm

cobby wrote:The better ground is closer to Mchaffies down that way. Only downside is due to the better ground, the swell does increase in that area often dramatically depending on tides.

But you bailed way to early. Key to consistency with Gummies (the bigger ones away from the shallow mud of Lang Lang area)is time and effort in one spot based on where you believe they'll swim through. Pick the spot and don't leave it until you're going home or for other species. The slow tides allowed atleast 2 hours either side of slack water in the western entrance. Slow tides could also see their movements slow down so not as many fish will pass through any given area so catch 22. Atleast some Whiting played ball in the end though
The swell is why I left the spot haha, Otherwise I would have sat it out.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”