Gummies up top end

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Gummies up top end

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Good thread - I am yet to actively target gummies out of WP but it's on my list to do.

Are you running your standard circle hook, leader, swivel, Ezi rig with dropper loop/sinker on the mainline rigs? I've put this out a few times without much luck (everything but gummies on it).
30lb braid, 80lb shock leader, 60lb leader, ezi rig to a dropper to sinker, swivel 1.1m of leader 6/0 gama circle hook

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Scraglor wrote:How did you go mate? We had a slow day, really have to grind out a catch, only ended with 7 whiting so my worst trip in quite a while :(

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. 6 Whiting and a pinky

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Good thread - I am yet to actively target gummies out of WP but it's on my list to do.

Are you running your standard circle hook, leader, swivel, Ezi rig with dropper loop/sinker on the mainline rigs? I've put this out a few times without much luck (everything but gummies on it).

This will be of help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf2SDtdPQZM&t=545s

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Scraglor wrote:How did you go mate? We had a slow day, really have to grind out a catch, only ended with 7 whiting so my worst trip in quite a while :(

We fished yesterday morning for whiting around the spit and found it very hard going. In the end we found them for 10 but back at the ramp (it was packed) between us docking and filleting the fish I did not see anything being cleaned except a small gummy.

From everyone we spoke to they found it very hard as well.

Only cocktail baits of pippies and squid worked for us (think it was the pippies that worked)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

We got ours on squid strips

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

We fished yesterday morning for whiting around the spit and found it very hard going. In the end we found them for 10 but back at the ramp (it was packed) between us docking and filleting the fish I did not see anything being cleaned except a small gummy.

Only cocktail baits of pippies and squid worked for us (think it was the pippies that worked)
Everyone at yaringa was saying the same. Maybe that full moon cocked it up I don’t know.. my last two trips have been shocking, trying to work it out

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Everyone at yaringa was saying the same. Maybe that full moon cocked it up I don’t know.. my last two trips have been shocking, trying to work it out
We fished last 2 hours of run out and a couple of hours after for nothing. Moved back to our first spot about 2 hours in to the run in and started catching.

There was a tonne of weed about which I don’t think helped.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

We fished last 2 hours of run out and a couple of hours after for nothing. Moved back to our first spot about 2 hours in to the run in and started catching.

The weed was horrendous today. Managed the ting bitting last 90 mins of outgoing in the Eastern Channel along spit.
Very finicky too, missed 4 fish. Went to setup for a gumbo and had no luck, all in all a very hard day, same as a few days ago. Next week hopefully will be better. I just have this feeling that Tuesday’s full moon (super moon) is to blame, can’t put it down to anything else if everyone’s having the same sort of hard days

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 pm

We had a gummy rod out but never got a touch

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 am

STriplett1997 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

The weed was horrendous today. Managed the ting bitting last 90 mins of outgoing in the Eastern Channel along spit.
Very finicky too, missed 4 fish. Went to setup for a gumbo and had no luck, all in all a very hard day, same as a few days ago. Next week hopefully will be better. I just have this feeling that Tuesday’s full moon (super moon) is to blame, can’t put it down to anything else if everyone’s having the same sort of hard days
Haha, exact same thing here, last 90 mins of outgoing was where we got all the fish. Normally they hit baits really hard and hook themselves up but yesterday we dropped more than we boated. Was a really strange day, havent had one like it.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”