The Switch - Fishing report from 10th & 11th

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: The Switch - Fishing report from 10th & 11th

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Lightningx wrote:Really nice work mate!!!
Good on you for giving the grandparents some of your catch.
I usually share my catch too when I get a good bag of fish like that with family :thumbsup:
For sure mate. It helps them out heaps, on my way now to drop in some flake :-D

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

WELL done mate, thats some great fishing. id love to get onto some whiting soon. thats one fish that i have never been targeting so far properly.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 pm

purple5ive wrote:WELL done mate, thats some great fishing. id love to get onto some whiting soon. thats one fish that i have never been targeting so far properly.
How have you not had a chance to target them with all the times you been out fishing?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:WELL done mate, thats some great fishing. id love to get onto some whiting soon. thats one fish that i have never been targeting so far properly.
How have you not had a chance to target them with all the times you been out fishing?
CHASING THE RED FISH!!!! soon ill have to start with the whiting

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks mate. Was a bit of a relief to stop obsessing and focusing on Snapper, very enjoyable with Whiting like always. Was great to get some gummies whilst whitingfishing too

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Great effort mate. Your fishing reports keep me going at work even if i do get jealous you are out 24/7.
Just a little tip for you though.
Not sure if you have a live bait tank but if you do it might be worth while chucking the smaller sized whiting in there until you move which for whiting fishing usually isnt that long in 1 spot.
If you throw them back straight away they spook the school and they all become timid or at worse they leave the area.
Its the same when you drop a fish. Usually the bite goes quiet. Something an old timer told me about 20 years ago and ive never forgotten. Seems to of done well for me as most trips I go I keep at least 12 over 35cm

Mind you compared to me you are kicking my arse in the 1st year of boat fishing WP. Well done
Last edited by crumpet_avenger on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Number 1 grandson now great read well done

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:19 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:Great effort mate. Your fishing reports keep me going at work even if i do get jealous you are out 24/7.
Not sure if you have a live bait tank but if you do it might be worth while chucking the smaller sized whiting in there until you move which for whiting fishing usually isnt that long in 1 spot.
If you throw them back straight away they spook the school and they all become timid or at worse they leave the area.
Its the same when you drop a fish. Usually the bite goes quiet. Something an old timer told me about 20 years ago and ive never forgotten. Seems to of done well for me as most trips I go I keep at least 12 over 35cm

Mind you compared to me you are kicking my arse in the 1st year of boat fishing WP. Well done
Cheers mate. Unfortunately I don't have a Livie tank.. :/, I remember watching a video from winga with some local boys from Hastings targeting whiting and they said the same thing about spooking the school, so I guess it's a bit harder for me then.. I really only want to keep 35 and up, threw a lot back the second day because I had so many from the day before. But I agree, maybe something to invest into soon? Thanks bud
Last edited by STriplett1997 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Nude up wrote:Number 1 grandson now great read well done
Hahaha, always have been ;-). Cheers

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:Great effort mate. Your fishing reports keep me going at work even if i do get jealous you are out 24/7.

Cheers mate. Unfortunately I don't have a Livie tank.. :/, I remember watching a video from winga with some local boys from Hastings targeting whiting and they said the same thing about spooking the school, so I guess it's a bit harder for me then.. I really only want to keep 35 and up, threw a lot back the second day because I had so many from the day before. But I agree, maybe something to invest into soon? Thanks bud
Ive also heard the same drop or release and they go quite.
Did you notice anything like that in your outing since you certainly released a few. Did they go quiet for a bit? Or did you have to move cause they left etc?

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”